Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Ultimate CF SL (not SLX)
  • Haze

Anyone got one, thoughts?

Frameset is on the radar for my next build if/when I can get the financial controller to rubber stamp it.

scratch
    Free Member

I’ve got the previous model, flogged it to bits racing, it’s always been fine. Front end feels high for some reason even though its the same bar height as my commute.

Haze

Comfy ride, harsh or somewhere between?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scratch
    Free Member

Its my first carbon frame, I just noticed the lightness first, yeah its not as harsh as my Ali commute but I don’t have much to go on carbon wise.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve got the slx now, but had an earlier cf ultimate. Great frame, just felt right, comfy and stiff. The new sl uses the same mold ( allegedly ) as the slx just a different carbon layup ect. They can feel a bit high at the front but I put that down to the Acros headset, go down a size if you want to go realy racy.

Haze

Yep all the sizing is suggesting a small compared to my normal medium, will look into that a bit more nearer the time. I’m looking at an April delivery at best so plenty of time.

Had a Planet-X Nanolight previous which was comfy whilst not flexly (although I am a bit of a lightweight) the Focus Cayo i’m currently riding is very stiff by contrast.

Would like something somewhere on between if possible and the Canyon is bang on budget.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Ultimate CF SL (not SLX)’ is closed to new replies.