Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon Torque 29 CF 9 review: big travel agility, big grins
  • stwhannah

The Canyon Torque 29 CF 9 is a big travel bike that won’t sterilise the trails. Heaps of fun from the trail to the race tape, in one package.

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Canyon Torque 29 CF 9 review: big travel agility, big grins

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

eusiec
    Free Member

Well done on your podium. Enjoyed the review and it has certainly been a bike on my shortlist before. I think you should get it….It would be interesting to read more of your exploits on a bike that you aren’t naturally drawn too!

BadlyWiredDog

Wheels are DT Swiss FR 560 240 EXPs – aluminium rims with 30mm internal width, and you get some reasonable tyres in the form of a 2.4in Maxxis Minion DHR 2 3C MaxxTerra out the back and a Maxxis Assegai 3C MaxxGrip up front.

Does it not feel sluggish with all that rubber? Great downhill I’m sure, but unless all your riding is bike park / you’re prodigiously strong / you don’t mind climbing like a snail / have a motor fitted, it sounds a bit much. It would be interesting to know how it feels with something a bit faster, but still grippy, fitted.

b33k34

Does it not feel sluggish with all that rubber?

I was on a BasqueMTB trip with someone on one of these (which was new to him) in the very cool mango colour and he was loving it. Frame detailing/construction was all very nice.

But he said the wheels it came with were definite park wheels – a lighter set of rims and hubs made it a lot more lively (and I’m geussing the rubber won’t have helped either).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.