• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DeeW.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Strive lower bearing removal/integrated bearing removal
  • nickdavies

So the headset bearings on my strive are fairly shot – Cane Creek don’t seem to really get sealing.
    Top ones not an issue, ZS cup, but bottom is integrated and I can’t get it out.

Don’t want to force it… should it be a press fit? I thought these just dropped in and were held in by compressing everything, so when the forks were out it should be a loose bearing.

Anyone else got one of these and changed them easily enough? Also what bearings did you go for – hope don’t seem to do one but edge sports seem decently priced, anybody used these? http://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/index.php/components/headsets/1-5.html

b45her
    Free Member

the strive’s bottom bearing should drop out fairly easily, mine could be pulled out with my fingers its probably just a bit gummed up.

should go back in very easily too, no need for a press.

DeeW
    Free Member

I got my replacement from Superstar. Only £8. Search on here for the spec.

Old one tapped out very easily with a screwdriver.

nickdavies

Can’t find anything on here regarding spec. I’ve asked canyon but their response is to sell me a new headset for £50, asked again for technical info but nothing forthcoming yet.

Which type did you go for from superstar – seems type 2 or 4 is IS52/40 which is correct for the frame, but there are slight differences in the specs.

Options seem to be 52mm OD 7mm height 45×45 angles
    51.8mm OD 8mm height 36×45 angles

I can’t work out which is which, the cane creek headset fit tool lists both as options.

Thanks

jonnyseven

Removed mine a while back for fettling, it was a really tight fit and took some getting out. Looked like no grease had been used when putting it in.

DeeW
    Free Member

Nick: “canyon superstar headset bearing” into google should get you the answer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive lower bearing removal/integrated bearing removal’ is closed to new replies.