Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Canyon Spectral shocks
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone here got a Canyon Spectral and upgraded the shocks and/or really pleased with what they have one it?

I’ve got the stock Fox CTD on mine which I had PUSHed 18 months ago, but it feels like this is the week link at the moment. So I’m thinking it might be upgrade time.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Considering a Float X or a Monarch Plus Debonair

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

What is it you don’t like about it? What effect did the push have?

I have the Fox CTD (the one with the piggy-back) on my Spectral 29er. I like the plush descending, I couldn’t ask for anything better. However, the pedal bob on the climb is mentally annoying and physically sapping. I had assumed that these were just normal characteristics of the four-bar/horst link, as my old Stumpy was much the same.

The weak link in the Spectral I think is the Fox 34 Float fork which feels divey at normal pressures (i.e 25% sag) and gives me a bit of a battering at the higher pressures I run it at, and not full travel.

NB I’m not a connoisseur, I know nothing about suspension.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

The Push gave it more of a platform as I found it a bit wallowy (I’ve got the one without the piggyback) It is OK not but for fast repeated hits it doesn’t have great control and the range of rebound / compression on it isn’t great, I think mainly due to not having the piggyback chamber.

I’m running a Marzocchi 350NCR up front, previously had Fox 32 Talas which was flexy and never really used the adjustable travel. The Zocchi is plush and stable, been pleasantly surprised.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I have a 2014 model with a pike fitted, i have been considering the vorsprung corset upgrade to the rear shock. Could be an option for you ?

poah
    Free Member

Coil the bitch

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Not considered the vorsprung option. Good shout, will investigate

I had seen a spectral with a coil fitted, looked badass.

oldeh
    Free Member

i have a cane creek inline. initial reliability aside (now sorted) it is awesome. and the new one is out now so id look at that. gonna send mine to tf tuned to get the new internals installed 🙂 also the coil IL looks rad.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

The coil does look interesting

Have you got new internals for your inline?

oldeh
    Free Member

not yet need to wait til pay day

jamesg55
    Free Member

i have a cane creek inline. initial reliability aside (now sorted) it is awesome. and the new one is out now so id look at that. gonna send mine to tf tuned to get the new internals installed also the coil IL looks rad.

same as above, just been email TF about the updated parts. its the new air can and black shaft too 🙂

I also have the pike up front which I’ve changed the air shaft to make it 160mm and its riding great

kirky72
    Free Member

I asked about the upgrade as cane creeks press release said you could pay 65$ added tobthe service if it’s in warranty.

They said they are awaiting confirmation but expect it would be around 75£ so quite a bit more. However said the main benefit is the improved seals to help reliability and they would change to the new ones during a service in any case. So may not be worth the upgrade cost on top of the service. He said the volume is sufficient without increasing it further.

Not sure if the upgrade would be full blown affair to the updated air can and black stanchion. If it was then I may be more tempted.
    Mine seems to work okay but only ridden 5 or 6 times so still waiting for it to go shit.

poah
    Free Member

Bigger negative air spring on the new one should make a difference

enduroman99
    Free Member

I would like to fit a coil double barrel to my spectral, would it fit or is it too wide? anyone tried it?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

You been on their website? I just checked and looks like only the Coil IL will fit the other two won’t. http://www.canecreek.com/store/suspension/double-barrel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral shocks’ is closed to new replies.