Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon Sizing Advice
  • tootallpaul

So, I’ve decided to treat myself and my wife to a pair of Canyon Neurons.

Any advice on sizing?

Is the online sizing widget accurate?

Cheers all!

Paul

merk
    Free Member

I just fell into the size large category according to Canyons online calculator. Due to the length of the seat tube, I only have a cm room to play with.

I wouldn’t size up if you are on the threshold of sizes unless you wanted to buy a dropper with less drop.

corkblork
    Free Member

It was accurate for me but I was slap bang in the middle of the medium size bracket so it was difficult for me to go wrong. If you’re in-between sizes your mileage may vary. I suggest you play around with the calculator like I did to see if your measurements are close to the next size up or down.

Not sure about the Neuron but with the Spectral it seems to be better to upsize rather than downsize for the increased reach.

jimdubleyou

Is the online sizing widget accurate?

If you are normal, maybe.

I have short legs and a long torso, it comes out as a small for me. I’m 6ft tall…

I went medium on my Nerve (now a neuron). Wish I had gone Large TBH.

ampthill

I’m so tall that it had to be XL just to get the seat height

My decision was based on geometry data like reach and stack and seat tube angle and comparing to a bike I demoed. Ok to check the numbers I layered pictures of the 2 bikes in photoshop with some transparency in the top layer

More seriously measure your current bike centre of BB to top of saddle. Then check that logged in the quoted range for that size as many find the mast tall.

Really enjoying the bike

tootallpaul

Cheers all.

Looking at the geometry stuff the bikes almost perfectly match our current ones…

Who would have thought it – a system that works.

I guess if you are going to remotely sell stuff you have to work out how to get it to fit!

Paul

jaylittle
    Free Member

I was between sizes and advised to go large rather than medium. Swapped the dropper from 150mm to a 120mm and the bikes spot on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Sizing Advice’ is closed to new replies.