Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Canyon payment
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can pay Canyon by debit card? They have sent me a link to pay and my money is in my current account and I don’t have a credit card. I have tried phoning their customer services line several times but they never answer.

Also if I make payment today does anyone know how long delivery then takes? They have sent me an email saying the order has been assembled and is ready to ship.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use your debit card online.

warton
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use your debit card online.

why not?

Can’t see an issue with them taking Debit card payments, have you tried?

leythervegas
    Free Member

not tried yet but it does say credit card not debit card. I think it will go through but need to know as I need the bike urgently for the end of next week if possible. if they picked up the phone it would make things a lot easier!

Jamie
    Free Member

why not?

Only covered up to £100 in case anything goes wrong. Credit card will give you Section 75 protection, which can be a handy weapon if things turn sour.

….as an aside, if you just pay the first £100 with a credit card, and the rest via debit, you still get Section 75 cover.

The law’s specific on this, you get the protection for the whole cost of an item or service, even if you only pay for a part of it on credit. The only condition is that what you’re buying costs more than £100 and less than £30,000.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

nickdavies

Yeah you can pay debit card. Wouldn’t though, would personally only use a credit card online.

If you drop them an email they will send you bank details and you can make a bank transfer.

warton
    Free Member

That’s fair enough Jamie, but the post by Chunky implied he wouldn’t use it for anything, regardless of price?

leythervegas
    Free Member

yes I thought of that nick but they only answer emails within 3 days so will delay my order

FuzzyWuzzy

If it’s a Visa debit card you get a lot more protection online these days than previously, although I still actually bought my Canyon on credit card ‘just in case’, can’t see why they’d refuse a debit card though, doesn’t make any difference to them

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s fair enough Jamie, but the post by Chunky implied he wouldn’t use it for anything, regardless of price?

Ah. Gotcha.

leythervegas
    Free Member

just got an automated email reply that says I can use a debit card. just hope they are quick with the delivery now. I have read vastly different reports on how long this takes.

andytherocketeer

Just a heads up…

Thursday is a public holiday in Germany. Friday lots of places will be shut, although it’s not a holiday. No idea if Canyon work at weekends.

So if you do sort the order, bear in mind there may be no response until Monday.

br
    Free Member

Yep.

It’s bad enough having your credit card cloned/abused, if it’s your debit card then your bank account will be empty…

timidwheeler

Canyon will take ages. I wouldn’t expect your bike for another 3 weeks if you’re lucky.

Crell
    Free Member

just hope they are quick with the delivery now. I have read vastly different reports on how long this takes.

My (ongoing) experience of the whole Canyon ordering process has been a nightmare. Good luck, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up even if your bike is “allegedly” in stock!

I’ll write it up at some point for the benefit of others. Their communications is amongst the worst I’ve ever come across.

timidwheeler

My (ongoing) experience of the whole Canyon ordering process has been a nightmare. Good luck, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up even if your bike is “allegedly” in stock!

+1

Their communications is amongst the worst I’ve ever come across.

+1

I would pay by credit card so you have some protection.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

for every negative there is a positive i guess.

ive 2 canyon bikes, both delivered ahead of time, if carlsberg did customer services then canyon would be it. what problems i did have were sorted straight away and did there up most to get it right and ive a couple of mates who have them and they have had some cracking service where they have had parts upgraded foc. they always reply to my emails, even had one back with 30 mins on a wednesday evening.

personally i cannot fault them. i would certainly buy my next bike off them.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

I used Visa debit card .they take payment when order is prosessed make sure you inform your bank beforehand that the payment is due.
    my frame took 4 weeks .

leythervegas
    Free Member

Well I placed my order 2 weeks ago and the most recent email said the bikes being assembled and will be despatched within 48 hours. That was 3 days ago.

MS
    Free Member

I got my canyon repaired (outside warranty). They sent the bike back with no invoice, details to pay etc.

Got a letter on Saturday saying I had 8 days to pay or else. If they tell me how to pay that might help!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

warton – Member

Perhaps I should have made it clearer. My point is I wouldn’t advice anyone using a debit card on-line for security reasons. If something bad does happen with your debit card details then your current account can get fleeced instantly leaving you with no money. You’d probably get it back, but might take a while – in the meantime, mortgage, bills etc will still be going from your account.

If you use a credit card and it gets scammed then you can just carry on while your credit card sorts it out.

That was my point.. I’d never ever put any of my debit card details on-line.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Canyon payment’ is closed to new replies.