Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Nerve XC headset
  • svalgis
    Free Member

What headset do I need to run a 2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0 with a straight 1 1/8 steerer? Or could I find some kind of crown race adapter to make it work with the original headset?

mintimperial

This should do it I think, that’s just one result off google, other brands/shops are available etc. etc.

svalgis
    Free Member

Cheers, should of course have checked out Hope’s products before asking. Now that you mentioned it I instantly remember seeing that reducer before.

If someone could confirm whether it works on the standard headset, that would be great. Is there any reason for it not to?

Proper headset newbie here, in case that wasn’t obvious.

svalgis
    Free Member

So after some reading I’ve gathered that the reducer doesn’t actually replace the crown race (which was my first impression), but fits between the crown race and the bottom cup. So I’ll need a Hope crown race, rather than matching the headset itself?

edit: Except no, reducer goes on first and then crown race on top of that, so crown race should still match the headset. Right!?

mintimperial

Yeah, you should be able to just whack that in between the new fork steerer and the old crown race. I suppose there’s a small chance that it might not fit the existing race, technically it’s only designed for Hope headsets, but I’d be quite surprised if it doesn’t fit yours too.

svalgis
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll give it a go. Worst case scenario I’ll get a new headset that’s made for the job, but for £8 or so the crown reducer is worth a try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve XC headset’ is closed to new replies.