Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • canyon nerve MR 8.0
  • lazybike
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about them? been looking at an Anthem x2, but keep getting drawn to the canyon 😕 http://www.canyon.com/_uk/

lazybike
    Free Member

mmmm…..maybe all the canyon owners are night riders 😀 or there in the pub drowning their sorrows 😥

chickenman

My riding buddy rides a Nerve (he’s german). Canyon is a biking supermarket that buys stock frames from Taiwan and puts very decent speck components on them for the money; wait for the Euro to bomb and you’ll get a bargain.
    Very XC orrientated: Narrow bars, long stem and light weight.

avdave2

I was working with a German rep on an exhibition stand earlier this year who told me about Canyon once he saw me looking at bikes online. He had one and rated it very highly. They certainly seem to be fantastic value for money and get great reviews in the German cycling press. The only thing tat put me off was the sizing as the small size seems to be bigger than many other manufacturers small size and there is nowhere to try one in the UK that I know of.

lazybike
    Free Member

cheers guys….the reviews do seem very good…yeah, I noticed the large sizing, I should be ok with a 16.5. I guess if I get one, and don’t like it, I’ll at least have some nice kit to swap 🙂

vrapan
    Free Member

I was thinking about one but not being able to try it and the sizing being too big I gave up. A couple of people that I chatted to have some rate them highly.

steve_b77
    Free Member

This power is then transmitted into forward drive at a ratio of 1:1.

Don’t know about you, but thats one helluva strange ratio to run on an XC race machine 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

On a serious note THIS looks cracking value for money @ £2129, QR 15 FIT Talas, XTR 10 speed, ElixR’s and a Reverb!!!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The ones I saw around Garda certainly looked well built, and it didn’t seem that the serious riders used anything else…

lazybike
    Free Member

According to google.. the canyon showroom in Koblenz is 4hrs from dunkirk…..france, belgium, holland and germany…not a bad road trip 😀

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Just taken a look at their website, blimey, absolutely stunning value!!!!! £2129 for a 100mm xc full sus with SRAM XX groupset!

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2070

Or how about an alu xc race hardtail with 2011 XTR drivetrain and dt Swiss XR100 forks for £1699!!

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2058

warpcow
    Free Member

Maybe I’ve misunderstood chickenman, but Canyon aren’t just Taiwanese catalogue frames. They’re like most other companies; do the design themselves and then have them built in Taiwan. If anything, they’re more like a German On One.

I’ve tried their Nerve AM and XC models and they were excellent, especially in terms of value. If I don’t go all pervy and buy a 29er, a Nerve XC will probably be my next bike.

shakeydave
    Free Member

I have been looking at these bikes for a while now loking to get a nerve xc 6.0 or 7.0 depending on funds I was a little put off by the support issues but now they have opened a uk service centre I’m thinking this will be a lot less of a problem. they do look like very very well priced bikes the level of kit is awesome 😯

tombell1989
    Free Member

I race a Canyon at National level XC (the Lux model) and I can’t sing it’s praises enough.
    Awesome value for money, great service, the lot.
    Not sure what the guy is on about saying they buy the frames in from Taiwan, and they are a “bike supermarket”. They are a bike manufacturer like any other but sell direct to the customer instead of through a distributor and retail outlet and save a lot of cost from reduced ‘layers that way. The frames are all designed, manufactured by Canyon and none are just standard Taiwanese frames. There is a lot of R&D goes into them.

As for sizing, there is a sizing calculator on the site which matches your critical measurements to tell you the right size so not sure what everyone is concerned about. I’m only about 5″ 7.5 so not tall by any means, and the small size Lux fits me a dream.

Plus, as they have now set up a UK service centre, after sales stuff is handled here instead of Germany.

shakeydave
    Free Member

thanks tombell this is the sort of thing I’ve been looking, for real feedback on what these bikes are actually like and what the service from canyon was like cheers

lazybike
    Free Member

+1 thanks TB

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Only just seen this thread… Ive got a Nerve ES from a couple of years ago…08 i think… got it from the outlet at Canyon for peanuts. Great bike, rides great, only problem i found was slightly poor/confusing communication.. To be fair, i don’t speak German and their email English was slightly amusing. UK service centre should solve that. They are amazing value, and the outlet is bargain central, if you’re not bothered about riding last year’s bike….
    EDIT: contrary to the above, i bought a 20″ frame and it is most low slung, feels & handles more like an 18″, but that is an 08 model, sizing may have changed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘canyon nerve MR 8.0’ is closed to new replies.