Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Canyon Nerve AM 5.0?
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Stanfree, can I take you up on that offer of a quick size check too by any chance?

deepo
    Free Member

Very interested in this thread. Have nothing of any substance to add to it my self.(sorry) Own a 05 spesh enduro and looking for a new bike, Nerve, Stumpy, Zesty and Orange 5 on the short list. Keep the discussions coming….. 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

Kennyp should be no problem meeting CSW at Pencaitland tommorow at 10 am If thats any good to you.

deviant
    Free Member

Interesting thread this, also been looking at the Nerve AM 6.0 as my first FS.

Only fly in the ointment is the Voodoo Zobop, this has a similar spec but from what i can see the brakes seem better on the Voodoo (Elixir R as opposed to Elixir 3) and the running gear is XT as opposed to SLX…also comes bang on my size too (17 inch)….i see the Canyons are either 16.5 or 18.5….not sure i want to go as small as 16.5?…apart from that they both have 150mm travel (one runs Fox and the other Rockshox, i’m not fussy enough to have a preference) and theres half a degree in the slackness with the Voodoo slightly more raked out in the front.

How do these Canyons measure up?…is the medium a small medium so to speak?

kennyp
    Free Member

Working tomorrow Stanfree I’m afraid. There’s no great rush though; it’ll be into 2012 before I get the money together. Can you e-mail me kenneth underscore pollock at standardlife.com

stanfree
    Free Member

Good to meet you today CSW and hopefully Glentress was good , I took my dog out for an hour and a half when I got home. Kenny I’ll store your E mail and give you a shout the next time Im up your way (I believe your near Bonaly).

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Stanfree – Thanks for the test drive and the tour- I really enjoyed it.

I felt right at home on the bike from the off so anyways- order just placed for an 18.5 – should arrive before the New Year!

Thanks again!

stanfree
    Free Member

Your more than welcome CSW , give us a shout when you get your one and wee can head out again.

kennyp
    Free Member

Actually in Bonaly Stan. Very near the Bonaly Corner Shop.

karl1824
    Free Member

ChiefP

Any update on that test ride of your AM 9.0 SL????

chiefP
    Free Member

Yeah been rather busy…as for the Bike its freaking awsome, climbs like my old Carbon Scott except that was 4lbs lighter, never used 10 speed before but i can see the advantage. The rear is really well controlled with the RP23 shock, so smooth and no bobble on the climbs and the 18inch frame fits just fine.

Think the 2.4 tires are a little over kill IMO but converted to tubeless in a matter of minutes so i will see how i get on with them.

Takes a while to get use to but no complaints so far.

karl1824
    Free Member

Cheers Chief P, Just checked site and the AM 8.0 x is now available for immediate delivery, was week 3 so order going to be placed very soon.

londonpride
    Free Member

Chief P. Thanks for your updates, really useful. Quick question though. What size did you go for and how tall are you? I’m 6foot, maybe a fraction over so guessing a large but just trying to check before I order one.

Also for no bobble on the climbs are you adjusting the pro pedal from normal riding position?

Thanks

chiefP
    Free Member

Hi Mate,

im 5’9 and got a medium which is a 18.5inch frame but fits me fine, personally i prefer the 17.5 but they dont make that size.

No mine is set to 2 ‘medium’ never even switched it onto firm as iv never felt the need to adjust it, still playing around with it TBH but thats what im happy with.

Any other questions just fire away, im learning more about the bike the more rides i do.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve AM 5.0?’ is closed to new replies.