Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Canyon Grizl – so close
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. Sort of thing that would tempt me.
    But why (oh why?) do the WMN version in a nice pink colour? Lose 5 points right there…

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/gravel-bikes/adventure/grizl/?utm_source=row-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bike_launch_gravel_grizl#section-product-grid

akira

Especially as most of the men’s models are available on two colour choices. Although I quite like the pink one…

Superficial
    Free Member

That’s awesome. Shame they don’t do that pink in the mens. Is there actually much difference in geometry?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I agree it’s a good looking bike. Also the name is an anagram of Girlz. (Possibly). But I did think we were past ‘shrink it and pink it” 😋
    Perfect for the riding in the area of the Surrey Hills I’ve been dog walking in over the last week.

Blackflag
    Free Member

But why (oh why?) do the WMN version in a nice pink colour? Lose 5 points right there…

Urghhhh agreed. Its so f****** lazy. Screams “afterthought”.

DezB
    Free Member

Apart from the pink, it sure don’t look much different to the MAN’s one next to it!
    Oh the saddle goes up in the middle. Is that what wimmin want?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yep. Pink only for WMN version is a joke. Only difference to mens version is female specific saddle I think. Geometry is the same. Also, why no Alu frame option given its meant to be the more hard-core sibling to the Grail?

frogstomp

Is there actually much difference in geometry?

Looks the same apart from the paint job, saddle and no XXL size.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m sure some women are pissed off with the usual pink, my missus gets right pissed off similarly with most outdoor clothing companies have gone the other way and it’s all dark and dull colours. Canny please everyone eh.

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a pic of a woman carrying a black one on the page. Must be helping her boyfriend out or something 😆

honourablegeorge

Wish they’d done the 1x bikes in a nice colour, that Earl Grey is lovely

MrPottatoHead

Or they’ve done the market research and pink comes out favourite? I see the new female staffer is not eschewing any gender stereotypes with her smatterings of pink. Its a nice colour.

Anywho’s; having sworn I’d never get another bike with Press Fit BB, anyone got experience of the Token Thread-fit one they’re using. Seems to be two-halves screwed together, but is it an improvement on other PF designs?

Superficial
    Free Member

Looks the same apart from the paint job, saddle and no XXL size.

Perhaps the stem as well? In DezB’s pics, one is longer than the other. Obviously easily swapped.

I’m sure some women are pissed off with the usual pink

Conversely, I often find myself preferring the WMN bikes’ paint jobs. They always seem less ‘serious’ than the logo’d up black/red racy-looking machines that I reckon look a bit cringey under an overweight 40 year old.

My wife also loves her pink bike.

zippykona

How can a bike with no suspension or dropper cost nearly £5k? Where exactly does the money go?

Blackflag
    Free Member

Or they’ve done the market research and pink comes out favourite? I see the new female staffer is not eschewing any gender stereotypes with her smatterings of pink. Its a nice colour.

Agreed – But only if the boys bike came in blue only.

crazy-legs

Anywho’s; having sworn I’d never get another bike with Press Fit BB, anyone got experience of the Token Thread-fit one they’re using. Seems to be two-halves screwed together, but is it an improvement on other PF designs?

I replaced the awful PressFit on my Crux with a Wheels Manufacturing unit which basically does that, two halves which screw together in the frame and you then press the bearings into that sleeve. It’s been absolutely fine, completely creak free. Unlike the PressFit before it which managed to eat bearings at an alarming and very loud rate.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Normalising £5k for a DTC hard tail for riding on tame trails is nuts. Call it Surrey, drop bar or marketing tax but no thanks.

Really don’t understand why a Deore or GX group is so much less in comparison to its drop bar counterpart.

Paint is the least of my concerns. In essence what do they really change apart from paint and saddle. Easy for anyone to pick their favourite colour scheme regardless of who the bike is marketed at.

kerley
    Free Member

Also, why no Alu frame option given its meant to be the more hard-core sibling to the Grail?

Alu frame to be released later.

stwhannah

New Canyon Grizl Reviewed: Beyond the Grail

For those that don’t see the front page.

Also, my bike was not pink, and was not for women 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@stwhannah I’m sure I’m being thick but how do I navigate to the front page? I come in via a bookmark to either Chat forum or Bike forum but donn’t see a way to the front?

Blackflag
    Free Member

Click on the word singletrack at the top of the page.

FB-ATB

name’s stupid- is it supposed to make you think of “Grizzly”. Seems more like grizzle

Rubber_Buccaneer

For those that don’t see the front page.

Or those that do see the front page but are logged in and have set their preferences not to see the GritCX channel stories on the front page

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Or those that do see the front page but are logged in and have set their preferences not to see the GritCX channel stories on the front page

That would be me then… 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Give it 5 minutes and it’ll log you out, then the story will just be hidden behind another full page advert.

DezB
    Free Member

“Keep me logged in ⬜ ” – the most pointless tick box ever.

ahsat

Paint is the least of my concerns. In essence what do they really change apart from paint and saddle. Easy for anyone to pick their favourite colour scheme regardless of who the bike is marketed at.

It would be great to see brands like this allow you to order your frame/finishing kit/colour of choice regardless of gender, and then pick a saddle at the end. There has been ALOT of chat about this in the women’s cycling scene of late and it really would make a difference. I did this with Rose bikes I ordered in the past, but that’s now history of course…

jimdubleyou

It would be great to see brands like this allow you to order your frame/finishing kit/colour of choice regardless of gender, and then pick a saddle at the end.

I was looking at the Ribble CGR the other day – seems very configurable.

kayak23

Orbea bikes do the MYO program that allows you to configure your bike, though it may only be on the upper models.

I imagine the greater colour choice on the men’s bikes above must be due to size of market/economies of scale?

Very difficult to please everyone. I very often prefer the colour schemes aimed at ladies. In fact, I have a hardtail that’s powder coated fuschia and it’s lush.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I am fully inboard with shrink and pink as not great.

But.

That pink one looks great I would quite happily ride that.

To be fair to them though its hardly “and a pink one for the lady” promo shots and videos are all or mostly women riding all th other colours.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Mrs Squad has just spent nearly three grand on an ebike and one of the most important things for her was the colour. She specifically didn’t want it to look ‘blokey’.
    I’ll agree on women’s gear looking better…. all the womens fivetens look much funkier than the mens.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the pink one looks a bit wishy-washy, would prefer a full-on hot pink like Orange used to do.

But I’m not a WMN, so what do I know?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

To be fair to them though its hardly “and a pink one for the lady” promo shots and videos are all or mostly women riding all th other colours.

True, makes you wonder why they didn’t just add the pink colourway to some of the other models and make the women specific saddle an option on them all and do away with the WMN model.

ElShalimo

The women’s Grail 6 colour is lovely, I’d be very happy with that:

ampthill

Really don’t understand why a Deore or GX group is so much less in comparison to its drop bar counterpart.

The answer seems to be the brake leaver shifter bits. Having done a few build spread sheets they are just expensive, particularly the hydro ones. I assume this because they are hard to make rather just because they are marking them up more

But as with all of these things you don’t have to pony up the silly money. I’m still running Tiagra shifters with cable discs and they are currently working better than the 4 pot discs on my mountain bike

She does point out the Sonder Camino does the same job and that is way less

sirromj

I’ve really gone off the looks of Canyons. Think the colours of the WIMMINS one is the only one that carries the look.

DezB
    Free Member

True, makes you wonder why they didn’t just add the pink colourway to some of the other models and make the women specific saddle an option on them all and do away with the WMN model.

Yep.
    I think that’s how Trek have gone with their range.
    They have a Gender Men/Women dropdown, which shows exactly the same bikes 🙂

Daffy

ElShalimo
    The women’s Grail 6 colour is lovely, I’d be very happy with that:

@ElShalimo
    – it is but would look better if the fork colour faded the other way.

chakaping
    Free Member

The women’s Grail 6 colour is lovely

Yeah that’s gorgeous.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Is it only me or that bike have short-arse MTB-esque head tube?

And PF not-so-PF bottom bracket shell/BB?

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Grizl – so close’ is closed to new replies.