Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon – Grand Canyon SL8
  • coconut
    Free Member

I just cam across this bike on the Canyon website, seems a fantastic bike for the money (£1,200) anyone own one or rode one that can comment.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/grand-canyon/grand-canyon-al-sl-8.0/2035.html#!accordions=1_1

Poopscoop

Just a bump for you mate.

joebristol

I haven’t ridden one but the spec looks ok if you’re after something a bit more cross country orientated. It’s still got a 2x drivetrain (I prefer 1x for the chain retention mostly, but also the simplicity and ease of running a decent dropper lever), a fairly steep head angle, slack ish seat angle and a 120mm fork.

If this suits your riding then it’s probably a great option – but personally I’d prefer something a bit more slack / a longer fork / more progressive geometry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coconut
    Free Member

Anyone ridden one ? I view the double chainset as a real positive 🙂

earl_brutus

I’m tempted by this one too. Or the sl9 for the princely sum of £1369

tpbiker
    Free Member

No idea if it’s the same bike, but I had a carbon grand canyon, and it was a horrible thing. Put me off hardtails for life.

coconut
    Free Member

…..

onehundredthidiot

Whereas my carbon grand canyon is an xc flyer. I’m planning on training, actual structured training, this winter so I can ride it in 12hr+ events next summer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon – Grand Canyon SL8’ is closed to new replies.