• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by frood.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Canyon going metal again
  • honourablegeorge

A bar mounted lever that can disconnect your drivetrain so that pedal feedback is turend off.

No, me neither.

http://www.mtb-mag.com/en/eurobike-canyons-project-disconnect/

ferrals
    Free Member

Doesn’t fully disconnect drive train though does it, still some resistance from chain I imagine? Is it serious?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*checks date*

honourablegeorge

ferrals – Member
    Doesn’t fully disconnect drive train though does it,

Well, it means you’re basically freewheeling so the suspension can’t pull the chain.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can just imagine the cornering technique video of the future now.

And press this button to drop your dropper post to about 2″, then pres this one to disconnect the drive chain, then this one to shift down a couple of gears……..

A short while later……….

Now put the post back upto pedaling height, and sprint!

AAAGHHEHHEEEE FLIBBERRRTTYYYYYFLIPPINGGIBBLETTTSSSSSSSSS my PLUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D0NK

AAAGHHEHHEEEE FLIBBERRRTTYYYYYFLIPPINGGIBBLETTTSSSSSSSSS my PLUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quite, if it really does completely disconnect your drivechain I can see a few nads/stem interfaces

DezB
    Free Member

Aaah! MENTAL! I thought they were stopping carbon bikes from the title 😆

Jeez, first it was my wheel size causing me problems I didn’t know I had, now it’s “It’s where the chain grows and literally tugs on the pedals“..
    better be an early adopter before I embarrass my self with a u-turn like I did with 29ers!
    It’s LITERALLY! TUGGING! on my PEDALS! HELP!

andeh

Presumably it will eventually automatically disconnect when the rider stops pedalling? Electronic system, similar to the Lappiere EI suspension effort?

twisty

Could also help in those situations where you want to turn your pedals 180 degrees really quick between corners but can’t because in too high gear.

With a bit of advancement it could become part of an electronic groupset and replace the freewheel, auto-disengage when back pressure on the chain and re-engage when pedals turn a full-rev, no need for buttons then, removes a source of friction so downhillers on and off road could go a little bit faster.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

better be an early adopter before I embarrass my self with a u-turn like I did with 29ers!
    It’s LITERALLY! TUGGING! on my PEDALS! HELP!

and Chris Porter is busy enjoying a celebratory something now somebody else agree’s with him

BigJohn

I think it’s a development from their pro road and CX bikes where the hidden motors used to make the riders pedal round corners.

legend
    Free Member

re-engage when pedals turn a full-rev

A full turn would be more than enough to ensure your plumbs meet your stem. Would need to be near enough instant engagement – you might actually need every pedal stroke available in order to clear whatever’s next

frood
    Free Member

and Chris Porter is busy enjoying a celebratory something now somebody else agree’s with him

But it won’t take out the clutch or mech spring tension which is what he’s on about anyway. There will still be chain growth which will be resisted by the mech regardless. Bat poo mental

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Canyon going metal again’ is closed to new replies.