Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon bikes….
  • eaststandlower
    Free Member

….anybody bought one and care to share experiences? Interested in the direct model and the potential savings, but nervous about buying without trying. Fanks.

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t have personal experience but I know a ex-sponsored rider who was quite happy.
    Over in Spain they sponsor a whole forum subsection which would appear to be quite positive.
    http://www.foromtb.com/forumdisplay.php/76-Canyon-Espa%C3%B1a

Ashley
    Free Member

I had one for three months – lovely bike. Heavier than I though it would be but was too cramped. I should have gone for a large instead of the medium the calculator worked out for me.

Getting the bike was a nightmare with the courier and that lost about 3 weeks. They were about to send it back to Germany and I had to phone them several times to explain when I would be in to collect – but they still try and deliver on days that you tell them you won’t be there.

In the end sold the bike (after ages) and ended up losing over £500 for 4 rides. Went back to a Stumpjumper and much better.

mcboo
    Free Member

Ashley why didn’t you just send it straight back? I ordered the wrong size and decided I wanted the Lux MR rather than the Nerve. They picked it up, dropped off the new one, no quibbles.

Direct buying won’t suit everyone but my Lux was half the price of the comparable Giant or Spec. Tremendous value, my next bike will be a Canyon too.

adi66
    Free Member

I’ve got a canyon nerve am 6.
    Great service from.canyon UK, and a awesome bike!

Love it so glad I took the plunge …. The kit per £ is just amazing! The bikes nice and light pretty much on the weight it was sold at, rides brill and the finish and attention to detail is exceptional.

If your at cannock this Sunday your mire than welcome to have a lil go on it….

marco
    Free Member

I bought a Strive ES8 last june and have NO regrets. best bike i have owned and the spec was brilliant. Cannot fault the direct selling method, i for one have had a good experience although some people do not.
    Just go for it, its only a bike and you can always return it or sell it on if its not to your liking.
    I will deffo buy another canyon, maybe a road bike next time!

scotsman
    Free Member

I just built up a Torque,frame has been lying in the shed since september so thought I better get round to it, ordered it and was deliverd five days later, great customer service from GmBH and UK, forgot to tell them I was fitting a Hammerschmidt so they never sent the spacer you need for it, was delivered two days later, like I said customer service superb, called the UK office a couple of times and answered straight away, couldn’t be more helpful, 10 out of 10 for Canyon IMO! 8)

eaststandlower
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments and offers of a test, all seems pretty positive. All I need to do now is convince the missus I need another bike…..

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon bikes….’ is closed to new replies.