Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canyon Bikes
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Anyone got a Canyon bike, Strive in particular. Reviews seem thin on the ground.
    Am I correct in thinking it’s going to behave like a commencal?

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2101

The above has caught my eye.
    Any hidden stealth charges I should be aware about if I go ahead with one?
    Cheers

backhander
    Free Member

Look very nice but you must have the black one
    http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2101

grantyboy
    Free Member

Looking at the LTD edition and I can’t really see what your getting for an extra £1k, carbon rims is about all I can see.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Damn, that thing looks great (though in black, as Backhander suggests). Pretty astonishing value too when you look at the kit on it – those SixC cranks are £550 alone…

My mate has got the old 160mm Canyon full sus and he absolutely loves it, if that helps at all.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Any other thoughts/feedback on these bikes?

warton
    Free Member

A friend has got the road ultimate CF frame and he loves it, super stiff, quite light, very responsive…

wors

Was looking at the hardtails last night, cracking spec for the money.

Schweiz
    Free Member

I have 2 Canyon bikes – Spectral AX9 (carbon 120mm FS) and Torque Alpinist (160mm/180mm FR)

In terms of value for money and quality of the product, there’s not normally much arguement – they are excellent.

Customer service was always their issue in the past however I think they are making some big improvements in this area. I recently had to send one of my frames back due to premature wear at a pivot and they were really excellent. Less than 2 weeks throughput time (CH-DE), all bushings and bearings replaced (i.e. not just the one with an issue),new swingarm, postage costs promptly refunded and they even threw a new shock pump into the box.

I hope that their UK operation is as slick as their German one.

Travis

I’ve had some Pros out here in Beijing on the ‘old’ Olympic MTB course, riding on Canyons. Seriously light (for a HT) the water bottle seemed to double the bikes weight. Look nice as well. They do nice road bikes as well.

warpcow
    Free Member

There’ll be very little info. on the Strive since it’s a new-for-2011 model. Otherwise, I know a few people with Canyons, mainly Nerve XCs and AMs, and they’re very happy. I’ve had a ride of them and they seemed good. Even the Nerve XC felt like it could take most things you could throw at it.

I don’t think we’ve had as much customer service issues here in Sweden though. Their rep. is a regular on the biggest Swedish MTB forum; giving advice and helping with any issues. It all seems very good.

hora
    Free Member

On the radar- saw LOADS in Morzine last week

samuri
    Free Member

I have a Roadlite 6.0. Great value.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Bikes’ is closed to new replies.