Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Can’t see any zip ties on this one
  • richpips
    Free Member

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that’s because they’re on the other side

richpips
    Free Member

that’s because they’re on the other side…

I’d guess if he’s found some bolt on guides for this side, he found some for the other.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nukeproof
    Free Member

Not much to say really…looks alright but nothing special. Head angle looks a bit slack but then I don’t what riding the bike is designed for. 😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

Must agree it does look pretty slack.

jupiter
    Free Member

I was looking forward to seeing this built up, would be nice to see a good colour picture. What size is it, what’s the standover like, looks very tall.

zaskar
    Free Member

😛

richpips
    Free Member

What size is it

that’s the 18″

miketually
    Free Member

Biggest ring, smallest sprocket – check
    Driveside pedal at 3 o’clock – check
    Valve and tyre logo aligned – check

🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

that’s the 18″

Thats a surprise; thought it was a 20″…looks quite ‘gatey’ for an 18″ relative to O-O frames

jupiter
    Free Member

I’m presuming that Lynskey don’t like extended seat-tubes? Will the steel and aluminium ones be different?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Looks clean and purposful to me. Like the look of it. Would really like go on one even if it revealled the “character traits” of my own bike.

richpips
    Free Member

“character traits” of my own bike.

what are they?

trail_rat
    Free Member

rich what length forks on that ? cant help but think that the headangle is hella slack and that the bb is fairly high up

tails
    Free Member

whats the wheelbase on this bike, looks huuuuuuuge.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

richpips – Member

“character traits” of my own bike.

what are they?

They are the fact that I suspect a quality bike with a quality fork would be more fun than a lower quality bike with a cheaper fork, don’t get me wrong, I love my Carerra Fury, but I suspect it’s “character” or faults/niggles may be exposed by enjoying some quality machinery.
    At least I don’t currently know what I am missing 🙂

brant
    Free Member

140mm forks, and BB is 20mm below wheel centre at ride height. Head angle is 67.5deg when rider on board.
    Seat angle nominally 73.5deg, but +/- 0.5deg on 20/16in (ie: steeper on larger frames, slacker on smaller ones).

Chromoly and alloy versions coming shortly.

nickc

Why are you using a pasty as a saddle?

brakes
    Free Member

that’s a bad background, especially for a B&W shot – makes my eyes hurt 😐

brant
    Free Member

My wife says she’s going to shoot some better ones today “I could do better on my camera phone”.

Cheers love.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Will get some pics of the 16″ frame up later on – when the cable ties have come off. First ride yesterday was a success and the sun even shone in the Valley.

jimthesaint

I hope that it’s either A: cheap, B: rides amazingly, or, C: both A and B as it’s no looker.

scruff
    Free Member

I think it looks very good (frame, the pics awful) and as my Dialled Alpine is the best HT in the world I think slack-tuff-XC has become a succesful market sector.

brant
    Free Member

scruff – I was just driving back from the school run and thinking that I should really post a “props” to Dialled Mike for the Alpine, though it was often compared visually to the Evil frame, it was (is) pushing on the same side of the handling envelope that I am with these new frames.

Riding’s changing, and 70 or 71deg head angles at ride height are neither suitable nor fun for what I’m doing right now, even on the same trails that I’ve always ridden (see current issue).

Slack head angles are still seen by some as a bad thing, but that’s (as far as I can tell) because people have had bad experiences on slack bikes that are slack by the virtue of having an over-long fork fitted.

Slack by design with 140+ forks, with a steep seat angle and short stem just flat-out ROCKS on anything I can throw it down at any speed, and climbs just fine.

brant
    Free Member

Jim – I like a nice waist (and lovely eyes).

And you want to see the arse on this one.

Pics soon.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can’t see any zip ties on this one’ is closed to new replies.