- Can't remember the name of the album or the artist
DezB – Member
MH – no.1 Motorhead? the rest are too metal for me, so not a darn clue!
Sorry, nope. Although the skull is reputedly a biker tattoo. Release date was Jan 30 1968, so not metal. Highly influential album though…the crucial bit is a black tattoo on a black cover. To all intents and purposes it’s a black cover with the album title and band name in White at the top…
Too metal? Don’t let my moniker distract you. There’s NO metal.Posted 5 years ago
Some more clues
1. Black cover with black skull tattoo. Band and title white at the top. See above
2. Bearded man with leather jacket, collar turned up in the rain. – that metal classic Marvin Gayes What’s Goin On
3. Blonde woman in bikini against an ancient landscape. Album title is spelt out in nekked people font. The cover is a still from 1 million years BC and the woman is Raquel Welch. Released in 1990.
4. English king (with many wifes) with cut out of head where the cd inside rotates with five different heads (my favourite being the cat one….). Okay that one is actually pretty obscure. This is probably far too obscure so I’ll just link to the cover….but I’ll need to photograph it first for the cat head… 😀
5. Woman with long black hair and a red dress floating in water. Artist is both an MBE and a Mercury Prize winner. Album from 1995
6. A man staring out to sea, some sun loungers, a parasol and a mostly buried car…. Cover contains both sand and sea. The mostly buried car is a Cadillac and the album was unavailable for decades until it’s cd re-release and it’s by a major league artist.Posted 5 years ago
This one is going to stump people:Posted 5 years ago
Painting of a lake, in the foreground is a swan, looking away, rearing back, wings curved in front and head rearing back, with a huge hand and arm reaching towards the swan out of the sky, small castle tower on some land on the right.
He he, I can see where you’re coming from, Dez, but no nekkid burds on the cover I’m thinking of, and as a clue it’s a pretty obscure British Prog band and was released in 1972.Posted 5 years ago
I’m also struggling with metalheart’s bikini cover as well, that one just doesn’t ring any bells at all.
Still annoyed I can’t think what warton’s one is, that’s going to drive me absolutely nuts now!
Ah, it wouldn’t be The Jayhawks, would it?
The topic ‘Can't remember the name of the album or the artist’ is closed to new replies.