Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • cant log in?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Anyone else having problems? Cant log in on my computer. Just keeps recycling the login screen. Can log in on my phone but that’s a massive pita and the phone barely works its so slow!

sbob
    Free Member

Clear your cookies.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Still not working unfortunately! Goes to home screen but wont actually log me in.

sbob
    Free Member

After deleting your stw cookies? Worked for me and a few others? 😕

alanf
    Free Member

This worked for me too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Oh so it’s a new forum ‘improvement’ as it reminds you to clear your cookies

sadexpunk

im the opposite, cant log in on phone so having to use chromebook…….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I cleared cookies and history on iPad yesterday after a few issues, seems fine ATM. Will have to do the same on my Mac later..

Drac

Yup since the server moved locations it means some cookies are broke as they point at the old location. The fix is to delete the cookie for STW.

Kahurangi

I did a complete Chrome clearance, I was logged out of everything and still can’t get in to STW. I’ll track down this solitary elusive STW cookie then and eat it.

DezB
    Free Member

Same here – Chrome, cleared cookies (last 24 hours only though). Login just returns the forum page logged out. Loada crap

al2000

Chrome / Android – 24 hour cookie clear didn’t work, but all time cookie clear sorted it.

zippykona

On android chrome. I log in and it logs me straight out.

Cleared cookies ,site storage and closed tabs. Anything else I should try?

Tried to reply to this thread on my phone but apparently I need to be logged in to reply. Sent from my iPad.

Drac

Have you deleted just the STW cookie DezB?

fathomer

Clearing all STW cookies worked for me as well, thanks.

nickjb
    Free Member

I had this issue. Just deleted the STW cookies (24 of them!) and now it seems OK

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, have now and it’s ok.

For Chrome users, enter this in the address bar – chrome://settings/siteData

That lists all cookies, search for singletrack and there’s a bin icon to clear them.

martinhutch

Just re-logged in and ticked the ‘remember me’ box, but checking on the list of cookies on Chrome (chrome://settings/siteData), singletrackworld does not seem to have provided a cookie. At least it’s not on the list under ‘singletrackworld’.

Andy

Same here. Repeated failure to be able to log in on Android Chrome on both phone and tablet. Clearing data fixed it. That and overall performance getting very tedious.

nickjb
    Free Member

singletrackworld does not seem to have provided a cookie. At least it’s not on the list under ‘singletrackworld’. 

<div></div>
    Its under singletrackworld.com rather than www .singletrackworld. com and for some reason you have to scroll to it. Ctrl-F find doesn’t work for me

deadkenny
    Free Member

Edge browser makes it a pain as clearing cookies involves clearing all cookies for all sites, not selective.

pocpoc
    Free Member

chrome://settings/siteData

This one worked for me. Chrome on Windows 7 laptop

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Chrome://settings/sitedata worked for me nice one.

Maybe put this post as a sticky with the date in the title.

zippykona

I’ve entered chromesettingssite data in the address bar and it says it can’t be found ,what am I doing wrong.

Have gone into site settings using the top 3 dots. Does that do the same thing?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve entered chromesettingssite data in the address bar and it says it can’t be found ,what am I doing wrong.

You are missing the : and //. See above

Or from the three dot menu type ‘content’ into the search box and choose content settings. Cookies will be there

whitestone
    Free Member

For me on Chrome desktop on Ubuntu the address is chrome://settings/content/cookies then click on “See all cookies and site data” which does take you to the siteData page but trying directly doesn’t go to the same point for me.

Now click in the search box at top right and enter singletrackworld and you should see the list being filtered as you type

zippykona

Went into chrome and clicked Clear Browsing Data. That seems to have worked.

fathomer

Got it working on desktop but clearing cookies seems to make no difference on Android, any suggestions?

Edit: Scrap that, didn’t realise it was defaulting to last hour 😳

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m struggling on android, too. Anyone know if you can clear individual cookies on chome on android?

andybrad

cleared everything. worked then got 500 error

jeffl

Firefox for desktop. Clearing the cookie sorted it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cleared cookies ,site storage and closed tabs. Anything else I should try?

Yes..

Hop on left leg whilst kicking out with the right leg, do this twice then repeat sequence but spin anti-clockwise whilst pointing at the Sky and then perform four left eye blinks, two right, three left, seven right. Place left leg on the ground, open legs, spread arms open on the floor resting on your palms and rotate head through knees and kiss your ass goodbye..

HTHs

timidwheeler

That was really hard work.  Chrome on Android.

I finally got it cleared it by:

Open the three dots whilst on the login page.

Press on the i button on the top bar.

Click site settings to clear and reset.

Immediately get out of Singletrack or the cookie comes back.

Close down Chrome.

Restart and all seems to be working.

richmars

Anyone know how to clear cookies on the mobile version of Edge? Clearing the cache didn’t help.

ta11pau1

Clearing cookies worked for me on desktop chrome, not on android but might not have fully cleared.

ta11pau1

Ok, so clearing all cookies for all sites worked on android.

nickjb
    Free Member

Ok, so clearing all cookies for all sites worked on android.

Yep, that’s the only way that worked for me. All cookies, all sites for all time. I’d like to find a gentler way to do it on my other android device, though.

theotherjonv

clearing cookies worked for me. Unfortunately now means i need to find all login details and passwords for all the other membership sites i use.

Subscriber since very early, nearly had enough…….

whitestone
    Free Member

@theotherjonv – Most browsers keep login details separate from cookies, it’s the “Would you like to save the login details for XXXX” dialog that pops up when you log in to a new site or change password. Assuming you click OK to that dialog. What you’ll lose are things like shopping cart contents and other state information.

nixie

Incognito tab works on chrome android until someone works out how to clear just the STW cookies effectively (I know how to see and clear just the data for STW but clearing it doesn’t work).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘cant log in?’ is closed to new replies.