Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can't get my mates (rebound) knob off
  • pedlad

So having successful serviced my own forks a few times I’ve offered to do my mates ahead of a trip…but the red rebound adjuster knob on his RS Pikes is stuck fast. Mine slid off easily once the hex nut is removed but his is resisting gentle leverage.

It seemed very sticky to run and when you wind it it revels a gap below with a rubber o-ring just showing but still won’t slide off.

Anyone had this and has a solution as I’m certainly not going to risk his trip by forcing it.

pedlad

Anyone?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve had this, the knob can bind on the lower bolt, either because of contamination or the lower bolt being cross threaded.

I fixed mine with a pair of pliers. I know that’s not what the OP wants to read, but I can’t see it causing any damage.

pedlad

ok thanks – I have gripped it with mole grips wrapped in rubber and tapped that but to no avail. Maybe try soaking with penetrating oil before going again

jb72
    Free Member

I have gripped it with mole grips wrapped in rubber and tapped that but to no avail.

I used long nose pliers and a rag to protect it … maybe hit it harder? Good sharp shock to release it.

pedlad

ok got it done last night thanks for advice.

Wonder if the red outer cap had received a smack and that had tweaked against the bolt head underneath….certainly needed much more persuading than normal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can't get my mates (rebound) knob off’ is closed to new replies.