Can't do enough for a good neighbour..

Home Forum Chat Forum Can't do enough for a good neighbour..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can't do enough for a good neighbour..
  • FeeFoo

Nice one. Always good to help out the elderly.
    You should feel proud of yourself.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I bet you’ve had the biscuit tin full of cash ๐Ÿ™

bigyinn

DH run on the stairlift?

wrightyson

For saying they’re both 80+ they’re both pretty fit still, so no stair lift just yet. Boils my piss the standard of work that someone actually charged them for in the past!

wingnuts

Do it, its the way you will want to be treated when you get there. Never expect anything.

The godfather of my kids helped an old fella over ten years including odd cups of tea and occasional meals. Nothing major but he did help him move to sheltered accommodation when the time came. He lived with newspaper on the kitchen floor and in what seemed to be straightened circumstances. After he died he got a call from the solicitor who said that my mate was the main beneficiary in the will. The other turned out to my mates wife. They got ยฃ360k!

project

Hopefully I’ve just booked my pearly gate entry by sorting some completely shoddy work on our elderly neighbours lean to outbuilding. I’m awaiting the battle of wills when he pops round to demand paying me for the work. 2hrs of my time and some lead I was going to weigh in anyway…

So youve took work of a reputable tradesman that would have come round at the appointed time, provided a written estimate, and left it with the customer, would not have pestered them to have the work done, or made it look like a major rebuilding task.

Well done, youve took a job of me.

But seriously, thanks been to a lot of elderley people and some robbing muppet has taken them for a ride, As neighbours they will love you and remember the kindness you offered. As for them offering to pay for the work, just ask them to make a donation however small to a charity, or buy some tins of pet food and place them in the box for food for pet rehoming centres seen in some supermarkets, thats what i do.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Just ask to be written into their will. That way, sooner or later, you get your lead back. ๐Ÿ™‚

Doing favours for neighbours and strangers is ace.

CountZero

I bet you’ve had the biscuit tin full of cash Digestives

๐Ÿ˜‰

wrightyson

Hopefully I’ve just booked my pearly gate entry by sorting some completely shoddy work on our elderly neighbours lean to outbuilding. I’m awaiting the battle of wills when he pops round to demand paying me for the work. 2hrs of my time and some lead I was going to weigh in anyway…

wrightyson

I am a reputable tradesman. ๐Ÿ˜‰

deadlydarcy

wrightyson – Member
    I am a reputable tradesman.

Aha.
    Ahaha.
    Ahhhhhahaahahhaaaha.
    ๐Ÿ˜†

wrightyson

Cuts deep darcy, cuts real deep… ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Premier Icon stever
    Subscriber

Just been round to next door’s mate with a bottle of Highland Park – he’s been working like a trojan putting a new fence up for us. He’s on his holidays and came down from Inverness just to help out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can't do enough for a good neighbour..’ is closed to new replies.