Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Can't Decide!
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

been looking at buying a FS for some time now. Been reserching and looking at all the bikes i can think of.

I have eventuly narrowed it down to 3 bikes the clasic Orange Five, the not so common Pivot Mach 5.7 (alu), and the expensive and rare Knolly Endorphin.

I am in the RAF and due to go on detachment to Afgan later this year, after which i will be looking at buying a bike.

i ride mostly uk but have scope at getting all over the world but not regularly (2 -3 time a year) looking for a 140-160mm bike.

I know 5’s are abundent on here but anyone got either of the other bikes that could share some info on them? Not test riden any of the above yet, waiting for ”summer”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

knolly looks more fun!

Klunk
    Free Member

there’s a lot of pivot points on that knolly 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Got a thing for ugly bikes eh? 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a thing for ugly bikes eh?

Lol maybe here – out of the 3 the knolly looks in proportion. Bearings and pivots are just that, consumables unless your mechanical skills only involve a rock and a stick.

grum
    Free Member

I meant the OP. Knolly is the one that hit less branches on its fall down the ugly tree.

wolfenstein
    Free Member
    crush83
    Free Member

i would love to spunk a wad of cash on the knolly but its right at the peak if not over my price range, and i dont know if i would be able to justify it . . . .

I love ugly bikes! 😀

In the knolly site blurb it says the bike is built to handle the north shore trails and is actully faily low maintinence . . . . . .Hmmmm

composite
    Free Member

I like the shape of the YT Wicked but the paint job/decals are ludicrous.

legend
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    knolly looks more fun!

because moar linkages = moar betterer?

zelak999
    Free Member

How about a Santa Cruz Blur LT?
    If not i’d go for the Pivot.

eatsdirt
    Free Member

own a five, but have demoed the 5.7 (carbon) at afan last year and it was terrible. it feels more like a rattly xc bike than trail all mountain. also tried a meta am and that was superb, not far off as good as the nomad carbon i tried first. at the minute if i change the five a meta would probably be back on my list

beagle
    Free Member

My (1st gen) endorphin has been really reliable and ive had no hassle from the linkages. Built very well.

Like the 5 and I tested one a while back. Nice. However, if I was buying, I’d look at the Ventana El Ciclon. Good value, even better build quality than the knolly, semi custom options for little £. Owned two V’s, both bombproof, well built with great customer support.

My tuppence. 😛

oldnick

Got a Pivot Mach 5.7 carbon and love it in both the Peaks and jumpy/droppy trail centres. It does need the right sag though or at 26lbs it will bounce around 😉

Having had a Hustler and a Commie meta 5.5 before that I’d suggest test rides as the difference between suspension layouts bothers some but not others.

crush83
    Free Member

Cool, I think I like the endorphin the most on looks,

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

moar – Ha, ha! 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d get the Orange as its the only one with pedals, but it should be in “filing cabinet grey”

The Pivot calendar routing is hideous

ajr
    Free Member
    crush83
    Free Member

What’s the spec of the bike above? Any links?

godzilla
    Free Member

I would be looking at a Liteville 301, if i didn’t already have a Five.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I like the Knolly

b45her
    Free Member

those knollies have an awful lot going on for what is essentially a plain old 4 bar rear end. out of the 3 i’d go for a five, murican bikes tend not to fare well in UK conditions in my experience.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Agree the liteville 301, totally out of my budget, but looks cracking…

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Liteville-301-MK10-Tested.html

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Can't Decide!’ is closed to new replies.