Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Can’t be bothered to ride??
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone like me not bothered about riding while the conditions are all soggy and hard going?

I’m happier getting out on my other bikes while the ground is all churned up from the recent weather.

Looking forward to when things get better though and am desperate for an adventure sometime soon.

grahamh
    Free Member

cough, cough, road ride.

boxelder

Are you also wearing ladies hosiery to ward off chills?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Road rides are happening slightly more these days and I’m really missing some offroad action but getting my kicks from BMX which is just so much easier in loads of ways!!

Boxelder – always but not just to ward off chills!

trailmonkey

No inspiration at all. Went out on Weds and Thurs because I had to. Just staying in to study all weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Jeez, never ride because you think you have to out of some peverse hardman/all riders do it. You’l end up drifting away or will start resenting riding. Roadride or ride a trailcentre (hardpacked) or do something else if the weather is putting you off.

ton

i was gonna ask this question my self.
    i commute to work, 14 miles everyday without fail.
    sometimes with a little extra too, so about 80ish miles a week.
    when it gets to the weekend, i find that i cannot be bothered to go out and ride.
    if i am going somewhere specific i,e to meet someone to ride at say a trail center or a pre arranged meet i will go .
    but if it is just riding from home i cannot be bothered.
    got a new bike sat in the garage and i have not ridden it in on owt trickier than the front street yet.

advice??

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ton – I’d say plan a ride at the weekend – something you’d really get excited about and drive to work a couple of days.

Last time I went out it was a real slog and then it snowed again and I know it will be tough going so really just waiting for it to dry out.

Really wish I had some of that new fangled wooden plank business nearby -jealous of those who do and seem to use it everyday – you know who you are!!! 😉

jedi

heh heh.

off there in a bit to ride the new section i built yesterday 🙂

if its too wet to ride its all bmx 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Jedi/Ton- only commute Monday-Wed. If you have a big ride on Sunday, commute/ride in Tues-Thursday. Why grind yourself down? Some people on here can ride 7days a week!! If your having a stressful week and the weathers bad- dont ride in. Take the train etc. That way you will yearn for your bike. You’ll ride the train thinking about it. I’m riding solo today, Hebdens raining this morning and dry this afternoon- so Im riding this afternoon and getting all my other Sunday bits done this morning.
    Rebuild that romance…

Dr.Hora Sxpst. Prvt.

jedi

me????????lol lol lol 🙂 🙂

hora
    Free Member

What do you guys commute on? Please dont say a mountain bike or a mountain bike with slicks???

mamadirt
    Free Member

hora – Member

What do you guys commute on? Please dont say a mountain bike or a mountain bike with slicks???

A BMX 😀

Foundry
    Free Member

Been there, mix it up a bit with some road riding may be dig the map out and find somewhere to go where you would not normally go. I am off racing some BMX later with the boys all going well, not a big bmx fan but it just get the lungs going and makes me want to do other things. Have started to drive a couple of times to work and then go for a run before driving home, I have not run since I was 14 so this is a bit of a new one to me. There is nothing to feel bad about, if you don’t want to ride your mountain bike so what, just do something else. The people that only ride there mtb are the one that worry me, like everything in life you should learn to look a little wider and not be afraid to try something new.

hora
    Free Member

Yep, bought my running shoes yesterday. Will never run in rush hour/near traffic though- defeats the object of running IMO.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hora – Member
    What do you guys commute on

an inappropriate bike of course!

flaunt societies unwritten laws!!

up the (slow, tedious and painful) revolutions!!

trailmonkey

trailmonkey – Member
    No inspiration at all. Went out on Weds and Thurs because I had to.

hora – Member
    Jeez, never ride because you think you have to out of some peverse hardman/all riders do it.

I had to ride because it’s my job.

bomberman
    Free Member

we went to stainburn yesterday and rode it in the snow. There was a van there from an LBS offering test rides on the new lapierre spicy and zesty – the people who’d booked in hadn’t turned up so we thought it rude to not break them in! off came the tags! my mate took the spicy and i had the zesty and then we swapped at the bottom of the hill. the zesty won 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I tend to feel very lethargic & knackered in Winter & struggle to get my mojo running fast enough to regularly get out on a bike, the interest is still there but not the commitment.
    I do loads of running, spinning & gym sessions to keep me fit.

Then, all of a sudden I feel fit & alive again with so much energy & desire to get out on the bike, I can hardly fit it all in.
    That point was reached this weekend & I’m raring to go, been out this morning & I’ll go do another hour or so later.
    No idea what triggers it but I reckon Spring is here 😀

clunker

I did my back in last night, not a evening of passion on vallys night but Wii bowling, I love to get out on the trails to clear my head from my stressful job, sadly stuck in today sulking 😥

Get out on you bike you lazy git 😉

Daffy

I CAN be bothered. I just don’t have the time. I worked 60+ hours at uni this week and a further 27 at home and that doesn’t include today which is my usual riding day.

I’m soo **** sick of it.

timraven

It’s reassuring, well to me at least, that others feel the same sometimes. just had a fortnight with no inclination what so ever to ride, snow really doesn’t inspire me to ride.

However, went out yesterday local trails had a ball. Can’t wait to go out tomorrow, working today and not feeling like that at all.

Ride when it feels good 😀

pennine
    Free Member

Fantastic snow in the Lakes last couple of weekends. Under such conditions bike stays in and the ice axe and crampons come out 😀

Yesterday on Helvellyn during a brief break in the clag

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Can’t be bothered to ride??’ is closed to new replies.