Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canongate, Edinburgh pubs
  • ChrisL

My work Christmas meal is this Friday and as my name was drawn out of a hat I had to organise it. The restaurant is all booked, it’s on the Canongate, but now I need to pick the pub where we’ll meet before heading for the meal. Unfortunately I don’t go to pubs often so my knowledge of the available options is very limited.

The closest pubs are the White Horse, which is on the Canongate, and The World’s End and Number 1 High Street, just up the road a little on the High Street. I hear that The World’s End isn’t particularly large (there’s 18 of us going on Friday) but my knowledge of Number 1 High Street is hazy and 15+ years out of date and I know nothing about the White Horse. Does anyone here have any comments about the options?

joshvegas
    Free Member

where is your office?

ChrisL

Riccarton. 🙂

Kunstler

Hemma would be a good bet. Plenty of room and a nice bar. Jist head down one of the closes from the Royal Mile and it’s opposite the Scotsman building by Dynamic Earth.

vorlich
    Free Member

Hemma would be a good bet. Plenty of room and a nice bar. Jist head down one of the closes from the Royal Mile and it’s opposite the Scotsman building by Dynamic Earth.

Did this used to be The Tun? As that’s what I was about to suggest.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Canons Gait – decent ale pub, reasonably priced, plenty of space to meet in.

http://www.gait.bar/

ChrisL

Canon’s Gait sounds like a good one, it’s just down the hill from the restaurant so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get people out of it and to the table in time for the booking. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canongate, Edinburgh pubs’ is closed to new replies.