Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger carbon advice
  • MikeL
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a Cannondale Trigger carbon (2013 version) as an upgrade to my RZ 120 that I have been riding for the last year.

This would be my 1st carbon framed mountain bike and I was hoping for some advice on the frame. How tough are these modern carbon frames compared to alloy. Do I need to look after it in any different way to my old alloy bikes?

Should I need to worry about hitting the frame on things like rocks?

Cheers

Mike

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It will be fine.

MikeL
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

as chunky said, will be fine.

MikeL
    Free Member

Looks a great bike – getting excited now waiting for it!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Mike,how are you finding the bike.I,d be interested to know about any sizing issues.Looks like a very long top tube.Is this a 29r?I,m interested in the 26r.Cheers.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Got the alloy trigger 1 and it’s excellent can’t imagine how good the lighter version will be.
    One tip: go at least two weight groups down when setting the Dyad shock.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

How about the sizing and geometry eddie.Looks like a long top tube/flat back jobbie to me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve got the medium 29 and it simply feels right for me at 5’10” with normal proportions. Right to the extent I don’t want to ride anything else, even on the commute to work…

MikeL
    Free Member

bike not arrived yet ;-(

will update when it does. I was between a medium and large size on the RZ so I am hoping the size will be spot on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger carbon advice’ is closed to new replies.