Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cannondale synapse carbon bb30+ bottom bracket query
  • kirky72
    Free Member

A few hundred miles in and I have a little but of play and squeaking going on. It’s got a plastic pressfit bb in at the moment. Whenever I’ve had a pressfit on my mtbs I have switched them out for a stainless steel be from wheels which has a stainless steel tube that screws together making a stronger unit and eliminates the squeaky plastic.

Only problem with the synapse is that I’m a bit confused by the BB30 plus song sure what to buy for it.

I’m grateful for any ideas and suggestions.

Maybe be pushing my luck but also snapped a spoke out on this mornings ride and I’m struggling to find much information on which spoke the cannondale CZero wheels use and the lengths for front and rear. I was surprised by just how flimsy the spokes are compared to a mtb wheel, the one that popped out was a light and flexible as a straw.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

are you sure it has a “plastic pressfit BB”; my carbon Cannondale has BB30, with the bearings pressed directly into the alloy frame shell and secured with circlips, no extra plastic cups or anything else.

Like this

http://www.cannondalespares.com/Synapse-Carbon-(2014)-exploded-diagram/browse_by_model/synapse-carbon-2014

the KB6180/KP018 part being the bearings.

though I don’t know if they changed for later models and you have a later model.

Mine never creaked, they went from fine to completely knackered, but then this is on a CX race bike. A mate with a Supersix had creaky bearings which he had his LBS replace and which cured it and it’s been fine since.

Spokes work under tension so think of them as bits of wire, flexibility is not a problem.

alexh
    Free Member

My synapse is a bb30, just bearings pressed into the frame as suggested above, it’s quite common for it to creak. I’ve got through a couple of sets of bearings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale synapse carbon bb30+ bottom bracket query’ is closed to new replies.