Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Cannondale Supersix or Synpase? And cheapest online places?
  • hora
    Free Member

Which would you go for?

All seem to be similar prices online?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Paul’s Cycles were always the cheapest for ‘Dales last time I looked.

Bregante

might help if you mention which one you are looking at? Sora equipped Synapse are £560 or carbon ultegra disc is £2k

And yes.. generally Paul’s is the place for Cannondale deals.

IHN

It would depend if I were racing or sportiving

hora
    Free Member

Paul’s is great for previous years models usually but they’ve sold out of all the usual stuff it seems so they are same price as all others at the moment.

Ideally 105 (must be carbon in either).

I looked at caad12’s but a few reviews do reveal that the ALU rides great ‘for a aluminium frame’ and it’s intended purpose.

thetallman
    Free Member

To help simplify things:

Supersix = Racer fit

Synapse = Mamil fit

Sadly, I know which one I am, but what are you 😀

hora
    Free Member

I thought it was the other way round bugga the Synpase is spendier too 🙁

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’d take a Supersix because i’ve found racey geometry seems a more natural fit for me, i’ve felt a bit squashed on bikes with sportive geometry.

Best bet is to find a local dealer and go sit on both. Or at least compare geometry chart to your current bike.

thetallman
    Free Member

There’s not a huge difference in stack & reach measurements between the two tbh. You might just fit one better than the other. Main difference I’d say is in the slightly more relaxed angles and longer wheelbase of the Synapse.

Best bet is to find a local dealer and go sit on both. Or at least compare geometry chart to your current bike

This really ^

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d take a Supersix because i’ve found racey geometry seems a more natural fit for me, i’ve felt a bit squashed on bikes with sportive geometry.

Same here.

But you size down for your MTB don’t you Hora? So if the Synapse is shorter reach, that could be more up your street.

And where do you stand on speed vs. comfort?

singletrackmind

See who will do either with a free bike fit to save us all hours of entertainment pain in a few weeks time?

frankconway

Check out Drakes Cycles in Leeds http://www.drakescycles.co.uk/offers.php?cat=1

They have Synapse, Supersix & Caad in their ‘offers’ section; multiple builds mainly Shimano but a couple of SRAM.

Proper shop but will also send if you’re not within reasonable travelling distance.

Matthew Drake is the best guy to deal with.

onandon
    Free Member

Wheelbase are good at the mo. I recently got the synapse DI2 disc for 1k off.

Here

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’ve had the carbon supersix and personally found it rather uncomfortable with the race geometry, which is not what I do.

Got rid and got a synapse which I prefer . I only do road rides occasionally and the super six was a bit like a magpie bike…nice and shiney so I bought it. Lovely bike but not for me.

1-shed
    Free Member

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cannondale/Synapse-Disc-Adventure-Road-Bike-2016/9FCY very good bike for the money now. I should know I’ve got one.

sparksmcguff

Don’t race,but have found the super six comfortable. Bought mine after testing several sportive style bikes including a synapse. Reluctantly agreed to testing the super six and just loved it. Feels fast and fun.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

super6 is one of the lightest frames available
    Synapse is one of the most comfortable

If you’re fairly flexible and have a strong core the suoer6 will be great for long days in the saddle go for the synapse, both great bikes though.

Gimmie a shout as i have some 2016 models of both in store i’m keen to sell trough if you decide to pull the trigger! 😉

JB

cynic-al
    Free Member

super6 is one of the lightest frames available

Really? Mine (14) was >1.1kg. My 09 CR1 is <1kg

Dismissing the CAAD12 because its aluminum? Jesus wept, keep reading the moronic reviews.

I had a CAAD10, it rode as well as my Supersix, only weighed 200gm more.

40mpg

I’ve got a Supersix and find it very comfortable. Thats as an ex-racer though and I’ve had some pretty stiff frames! The thing i’ve noticed most though is just how well it handles. I can really chuck it round bends and it just tracks perfectly, very confident and great fun!

Mines the Ultegra 11-speed from 2015. Wheels are a bit crap (Aksiums) but useable. Recently tried some £1800 Cosmic Pro Carbons which looked sexy as f*** and were very comfy, climbed well, but didnt make me £1800 faster. I’ll stick with dull Aksiums for now.

Got some matching stickers for my bus too 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JyUAsf]2016-07-10_06-04-39[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

fifeandy
    Free Member

@cynic-al: Is your Supersix a hi-mod version? Should come in a fraction under 1kg. Also clever weight savings on headset aparantly which dont show up on the usual frame+fork weights.

bob_summers

Why’s it between the two Cannondales OP? Though I would love a Supersix Evo, why not Giants etc? Surely TCR/Defy are the standard?

CAAD12 ftw if it were my money.

markgraylish
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 (I think!) Supersix 105 and I did back to back test rides with a Synapse before I bought. Apart from frame geometry, specs were very similar.
    Synapse definitely not as spritely as the Supersix and I’ll echo what most people have said about the way it handles (beautifully!) & accelerates (short chain stays help) and I find it pretty comfortable on reasonably long rides
    The Synapse felt very sluggish by comparison.

BTW: I’m definitely not a racer but do like to hammer occasionally, and I’m not particularly flexible either, though I did have to add a longer stem (6’4″ on a 60cm frame)

mooman
    Free Member

I think it depends on what SuperSix also; I have a SuperSix HM which is very comfortable to ride. I recently rented a standard SuperSix, same size etc (10mm shorter stem) … but was noticeably less responsive, and comfortable.

onandon
    Free Member

Ultimately they are different tools for different jobs.
    What do you want to do with it? Long chilled rides, flat out blasts?

I’m impressed with the comfort of the the carbon synapse frame but I picked up a DI2 disc as a long distance winter bike.
    The standard wheels are pap so replaced with Reynolds assaults and Schwalbe s-ones 700/30. Huge improvement in feel and handling.

It’s quick – comfortable and very capable. However, it’s isn’t and out and out rip your bibs race bike.

richardthird

Rather than random impulse button pressing, why not go to a bicycle shop and try some out 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Supersix Hi Mod is supposed to be around 700g for the frame?

I’d go for the Supersix personally, rented one in lanzarote and did ~350 miles on it, liked it enough that I’d buy one if I was in the market and keep searching for deals on Hi Mods.

Sigma Sport and Cyclescheme have a promo on this month for the Supersix Tiagra; SS reduce the price then you get it on cyclescheme, works out at about £650 if you’re lower rate tax payer, £570 if higher rate.

For the month of October, Sigma Sport and Cyclescheme have teamed up to offer you the chance to get a new bike at an absolutely unbeatable price.

The Deal

You can get a Cannondale SuperSix Evo worth £1299.99 on Cyclescheme for £660.00 or less – a level of discount that cannot be matched on the high-street.

The bike is this year’s model and it’s brand spanking new.

Have an email with full details and instructions if you’re interested.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dismissing the CAAD12 because its aluminum? Jesus wept, keep reading the moronic reviews.

Are we forgetting the OP is Hora?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

I also have a SuperSix and absolutely love it, its the same as 40mpg’s but heavily upgraded with loads of lovely bits carbon bits and Cannondale Spider rings. Defiantly recommend the bike however pay close attention to the sizing, mine is a 54 but sizes more like a 56. Also be prepared to chase a creaking BB but this is solvable with a TorqTite BB instead of the press fit bearings.

Lastly if you want my Supersix then its soon going to be up for sale for £1100….sorry for the advert there.

hora
    Free Member

The moronic reviews?

Bikeradar’s is glowing. The others like it but point out, whilst another makes subtle references across to carbon.

I use bikeradar’s as the gold standard of reviews to ignore.

I size down on mtb’s but go with sizing on road. I’ve got a long back, diddy legs though so I have to physically test ride on road bikes. Evans have both within 20miles so I’ll have a spin

flange
    Free Member

Cannondale do come up bigger than most. I’m normally a 58, but I’m a 56 all day long on ‘Dales. 6ft2 for reference.

i’ve had both a Caad10 and SuperSix – both were lovely, I actually preferred the CAAD10 because it was black, like the night. Ride quality was pretty similar between the two (all the components were the same – DA with reynolds wheels)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Why are you looking for a road bike, didn’t you build a ritchey road logic and then sell it as road wasn’t for you?

mrhoppy

I could do you a good price on a 2nd hand but lightly used 56cm synapse carbon if you asked nicely.

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have just bought a 2014 CAAD10 frame and built it up with Ultegra and some nice other bits. I’m running Ultegra wheels with Hutchinson tubeless tyres (it’s my new winter bike). I’m 6ft but went for a 54 as it’s a racy geometry and very stretched out – I wouldn’t want a 56. The ride is fantastic – it’s hard to tell that it’s an aluminium frame.

IHN

TurnerGuy – Member

Why are you looking for a road bike, didn’t you buy a PX Pro Carbon and then sell it as road wasn’t for you and then build a ritchey road logic and then sell it as road wasn’t for you?

Hora, meet TurnerGuy, he seems to be new round here 😉

hora
    Free Member

Hey I’m now stable on mountain bikes ..it’s road bikes that’s the shiny new thing. It’s only been two road bikes. This will be my third.

Even though I’m a big lad I can still appreciate zippy, quick responsive and stiff. I loved the Defy but found it just too mountain bike(?). I want a complete contrast.

Bregante

This will be my third

Planet X Pro Carbon
    Ritchey Road Logic
    Giant Defy

Erm… 🙂

You do know you should never have sold the Ritchey, don’t you?

hora
    Free Member

Oof, mentally I locked out that PlanetX, like a dirty memory.

Still my 456 ti Evo pub bike is ace 🙂

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Wasn’t the Ritchey water soluble?

atlaz
    Free Member

Having owned a Synapse until recently (I loved it) and currently own a CAAD10 (same geo as the Supersix), they’re not as hugely different as I’d been led to believe. You know the answer though, go and ride one. I’d probably get a supersix of the two, but saying that I got a KTM Revelator (shitty name) instead of a supersix to replace the synapse a couple of months ago.

flange
    Free Member

I need a picture of the Defy just so I can have a laugh at how you’ve set it up…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Supersix or Synpase? And cheapest online places?’ is closed to new replies.