Cannondale Scalpel help – Chain rubs on chainstay!

Home Forum Bike Forum Cannondale Scalpel help – Chain rubs on chainstay!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cannondale Scalpel help – Chain rubs on chainstay!
  • Premier Icon on and on
    Subscriber

I ride a 2011 Scalpel with XX rear mech and 36 front ring an a 1×10.
    When in the 11t on the cassette, the chain is a few mm above the chain-stay. The gap increases when you sit on the bike due to the flexy stays.

I don’t run a clutch mech so occasionally I get a little chain rub on the say – a neoprene stay cover prevented this from causing damage.

Premier Icon peteimpreza
    Subscriber

It wont rub when your weight is compressing the rear end of the bike.

DanW

Fair enough, I thought I must be missing something obvious!

Next problem is trying to get the chain line/ crank spacing correct. With the Rotor cranks fitted as per the instructions (with rgards to the spacers used) the 32T front ring is only a mm or so from the metal chainsuck plate and the chainguide rubs the inside of the chain. I have had to swap the Rotor spacers around so the DS has the thicker spacer to set the DS crank further out and away from the frame. Hmm….

DanW

Hi all,

I have just go hold of a Cannnondale Scalpel frame and am in the process of building it up.

A few things are giving me headaches, the biggest of which is that the chain rubbing the top of the chainstay when in the smallest cog. Surely this can’t be right?

I can only think a bigger front ring might help raise the chain a little but it would be daft if a 34T ring is the smallest that can be run- what about the Hollowgram doubles with smaller rings, how does the chain not rub the chainstay then?

I am sure there is a simple solution I am missing! Can anyone help please?

Thank in advance, DanW 😀

P.S. Extra info:
    32T single front ring
    Rotor 3D (triple cranks running the single ring in the middle ring position)
    Cannondale bearings
    Wheelsmfg BB30 to 24mm adapters
    Xt/ XTR 11-36 10 speed cassette

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Scalpel help – Chain rubs on chainstay!’ is closed to new replies.