Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 650b conversion
Here is my latest build project.
Cannondale Scalpel 3 Carbon – 2012 model in large (bought new from Pauls Cycles a couple of months back).
Changes to standard spec as follows:-
• Stans Crest 650b rims with Slick Graphics custom rim decals in ‘Cannondale Green’
• Pillar DB aero spokes with red anodised nipples
• Soul Kozak lefty front hub
• Novatec rear hub
• Schwalbe Thunderburt TL-ready EVO 2.10” tyres
• Stans tape and fluid
• XT Shadow+ medium clutch rear mech
• Oneup 40t cassette adapter (green) with 16t sprocket
• Token 11t (green) cassette lockring
• Works Components 32t SRAM BB30 Spiderless thick/thin chainring
• Delete front chainrings, front shifter and front mech
• Quaxar Axim Ultralight floating rotors (160mm) in green
• USE Atom carbon riser bars
• ESI grips (green)
• USE Sumo carbon seatpin
• Crank Bros Eggbeater pedals
All in, I have removed 1,300g of weight from the standard bike which ‘should’ weigh in at just under 23lbs. This should bring me pretty much bang on 20lbs (I haven’t got it on the scales yet).
With the 650b wheels and Thunder Burt tyres, the thing absolutely flies. The Thunder Burts give a decent amount of clearance on the seatstays which is the limiting factor when fitting 650b wheels to the Scalpel.
NOTE. Within the price I will also include the following original kit:-
Original DT Swiss wheelset
Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO tyres
Sram crankset spider and twin chain rings
Sram front shifter and front mech
Shimano Deore,XT rear mech
Original sprocket for cassette
Cannondale C2 seatpost
Cannondale C2 bars
Cannondale lockon grips
The bike was ridden once (approx 15 miles) before stripping it down and rebuilding to the above spec. Since then it has been ridden less than 35 miles in total.
Unfortunately this year I am just not getting any time to go riding. I don’t need the cash so I am not up for silly offers. My price is now muchless what the build owes me and stacks less than the effective retail cost (which would be circa £4k).
Price – £1,875.00 plus postage or pick up from New Forest.
Serious enquiries only pls. Email in profile.
p.s. Feel free to look on my history to see the other bikes I have built up and sold over the past few years.Posted 3 years ago
The topic ‘Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 650b conversion’ is closed to new replies.