Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale scalpel 29er frame weight and reviews
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title please from anyone who’s got one or had one, thanks

stevego
    Free Member

I’ve got one, I like it but wouldn’t buy one without warranty (read into that what you will). Not sure of frame weight, mine is a scalpel carbon-1. Stock (Reynolds carbon wheels, frame taped with helicon, and sensible tires (snakeskin Rocket ron or similar), 2 X 10 SRAM) it was 10.4 ish kg I think (I don’t weigh it). I could take more weight out of it easily, but want a bike I can ride up and down hills all day and not break (too often).

mashiehood
    Free Member

I’ve got one, black inc, frame imported from US. No warranty and after two years it’s still perfect.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I’ve got one, black inc, frame imported from US. No warranty and after two years it’s still perfect.

Oh frame weighs around 4.5lb and mine is 20lb.

jonnyrockymountain

mashie, I take yours is the carbon version?
    how do they ride?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

“20lb”

mashiehood
    Free Member

yes 20lb (20.28 to be exact) – would you like evidence?

Ride really well – i am a XC rider, wheels on ground type of rider and for that its a great bike.

monkeyp

I have the same Carbon 1 as stevego. Amazing bike – although the Reynolds wheels needed to be returned for a re-build.

The bike as I have it set up – as stock, but 11 speed with X1 rear mech, shifter and cassette and tubeless is about 22lb. Not bad for a full sus 29er. Goes like a rocket to the point of feeling like cheating and pretty good on the descents as well.

The old style 26er model could be built much lighter – talk to Lloyd at qwerty cycles!

jonnyrockymountain

Anyone know weight of the Ali frames?

granny_ring

Ebay by chance?

ChrisE
    Free Member

I have had 4 or 5 scalpel 26″ but 4 weeks ago bought a 29. I love it. Still getting used to the 11 speed thing but I can ride so much faster. Struggling with the tubeless ready wheels ( I have always had UST before) but will sort that out.

Mine is silly lightweight at 10.2kg

C

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale scalpel 29er frame weight and reviews’ is closed to new replies.