Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannondale Rush Carbon – busted seat tube!!!!!
  • fotorat
    Free Member

Whilst tatting about in the shed yesterday I was horrifeid to discover some rough carbon all the way around the circumference and half way up my seat tube!!!!

Lucky that Cannondale have a lifetime warranty!

Mind you I am not really surprised – this bike has tempted my to do more than good sense should allow on many an occaison – so much so – that I have killed a cross trail rear wheel in it and had my knee stitched up in A&E after going over the bars at some speed (which is why I am now the only person wear knee/shin guards at XC summer races!)

Is the first one to break here or are there any other disaater threads?

willej

Crack and (quite literally) FAIL!!! ;o)

Hope you don't have any problem with the warranty.

matt_outandabout

mmmm ouchy…. 'Just riding along'

fotorat
    Free Member

I'll let you know how it turns out – hope they still got a orange team colour one left – it'll look a bit silling in bezerker green with an orange saddle and rear triangle!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Looks like the swing arm has flexed into the seat tube and crushed it, I recall testers noting how flexy the srwng arms were on 09 carbon frames.

Mind you I am not really surprised – this bike has tempted my to do more than good sense should allow on many an occaison – so much so – that I have killed a cross trail rear wheel

I wouldn't bandy that around too much, the rush is an enduro race bike, both wheels on the ground riding, Cannondale may use that as a reason not to warranty.

cynic-al
    Free Member

a pic from the RHS would show if the LH c'stay has been rubbing – looks like the RH c'stay has not.

jimthesaint

why would taking a picture at the Royal Horticultural Show make any difference.

Surely any horticultrual show or village fete would do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Rush Carbon – busted seat tube!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.