Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannondale Lefty Service Schedule
  • TheGingerOne

I have had my Slate since February and reckon it is about to come up to 100 hours of use. This has been predominantly road use and with only a couple of wet/snowy/mucky rides. I reckon it should therefore be in pretty good condition for the 100 hours, but until it is opened up I have no idea what the oil and seals are like.

What have other people found with Lefty forks? Have you done the 100 hour service regularly? Not done it and regretted it etc?

Looks like it will be costing about £85 to get done which is fine if it needs it, but is the time period overly conservative?

Thanks

orangespyderman

My advice would be to get it done, and speak to whoever services it about what kind of condition it was in when it was done.  That way you’ll know if you’ve been too conservative or if they thought that it was time it was done.

jonnyboi

Had my oliver done at TF tuned last month as it was acting like a pogo stick. turned out the damper had separated internally.

I do ride it fairly hard off road and had explained so when booking it in, so the tech guy working on it said he had tried to beef things up a bit internally, as apparently some of the washers could be a bit flimsy.

Got it back and all good now.

wind-bag
    Free Member

Mine is due it’s second service, at the moment it’s not holding air. TF Tuned no longer provide warranty repairs you need to go through http://www.cyclingsportsgroup.co.uk/

During it’s first service by TF Tuned the lower leg was replaced under warranty due to scoring, let’s hope the current distributor are as efficient

TheGingerOne

Thanks all.

Sounds worth doing at about the right time then to make sure all is tickety boo and I don’t encounter further costs by leaving it too late and needing more parts replaced.

Whenever I have ever taken other forks apart they have all been spotlessly clean inside and well lubed. It has been harder to decide on whether to risk it or not with these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Lefty Service Schedule’ is closed to new replies.