Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannondale Jekyll 29
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh my. I’ve had a Trigger 29 and a Jekyll 27.5 but this somehow looks awesomer. Needs a Lefty though.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cannondale-introduces-new-jekyll-29.html

RustyNissanPrairie

Thankfully it doesn’t have the crap Dyad with its high speed compression spiking, I bet it’s still fragile and cracks like my 27.5 Jekyll did, and I bet it’s still full of stupid ideas like routing a brake hose exposed under the down tube for rocks to damage or the rear axle threading into a non replaceable section of the frame rather than an insert. And a proprietary headset size that you can only buy from Cannondale as a complete headset and not the single bearing you actually need.

The only positive from mine was that it was cheap from Pauls but no way would I buy another discounted let alone at RRP.

northerntom
    Free Member

I had one of the 27.5’s as a rental in the alps for a few days and lost plenty of bottles as the bottle cage is in such a stupid place.

Not where I would put my money.

sprocker
    Free Member

I had a Jekyll 27.5 with the dyad and quite liked it was interested in the 29 but the B.B. is 3 feet high.

RustyNissanPrairie

I forgot the crap geometry as well. 51mm fork offset on a 27.5 frame! Needs 2 offset bushes in the shock to get things to be half decent- can’t use an offset headset because of the Cannondale standard headset.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Jekyll 29’ is closed to new replies.