Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannondale Headset Help
  • daleftw
    Free Member

Hey guys.

Headset on my 2011 Cannondale SL1 is on it’s way out and I would like to replace it with something good.

Took it into the LBS (who don’t deal with Cannondale) and they were a little stumped as to what alternatives I have. They mentioned something about it being semi-integrated or something, I;m not really sure.

This is the bike – http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/trail-sl-1-2011-mountain-bike-ec025258

Any ideas what I could replace it with?

Thanks in advance.

lovewookie

you can either find a replacement cane creek one for it, or it will, with a bit of looking fit a normal 1.5″ headset (it is the internal dia of a headshok bearing that’s 1.56″), though you will need t make sure the steerer has enough in it as the stack height on a 1.5 will be bigger.

Thing is with cannondale headtubes, their reamed for cannondale headsets, or a headset with a short insertion depth. Some 1.5″ headsets are quite deep as they’re designed with DH in mind.

have a browse on chainreaction there should be a few on there

unovolo
    Free Member

Have a look here and see if anything suits
    Headsets

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

Yes this is the one for the Trail SL range of Cannondales.

Cannondale Semi Intergrated Headset 1.5" KP191

Got them in stock too.

daleftw
    Free Member

Aye, that’s the same one. Was ideally looking for an ‘upgrade’ as such and wondered if I had options.

Thanks for that though, means if nothing else, I can replace it. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Headset Help’ is closed to new replies.