Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale Habit – Dealer in SW?
  • goldfever4
    Free Member

Hi all, trying to dip my hand into MTB for the first time. Been on a few single track runs and a couple of days at trail centres, but not owned a MTB before.

It’s bloody hard work trying to figure out what to buy!

My riding will mainly be trails around my local hills, the odd trail centre day, and I have rose-tinted ideas of long days going from A to B, some travel, that kind of stuff. I’m not a downhill loon and don’t anticipate I ever will be.

I’ve settled on either a Giant Anthem (Which I’ve tried and get on with) or a Cannondale Habit (which I haven’t, but I prefer in theory).

Does anyone know a dealer or anything near Bristol / Gloucester / Cardiff / Swindon, where I might be able to have a sit on a Habit, before I pull the trigger on an online order? I want to check it feels ‘right’ before doing that. I looked at Mud Dock but the website lists every Habit model as out of stock.

Muchas gracias

peteimpreza

Noah’s Ark

Leisure Lakes

granny_ring

You do realise that you will end up with at least 3 mtbs over time don’t you. 🙂

goldfever4
    Free Member

peteimpreza – thanks, I think both might have Habit models (although further up the food chain than I’m looking)

granny_ring – I’m worried about that! I’ve managed to keep the motorbike side of the garage limited to one machine, but I have achieved s-1 on road bikes already…

peteimpreza

There is also the Specialized Cocept store in Bristol .

Run by Certini so they have Cannondale there also .

superstu
    Free Member

Does anyone know a dealer or anything near Bristol / Gloucester / Cardiff / Swindon, where I might be able to have a sit on a Habit, before I pull the trigger on an online order?

Bet your local shop will love you for that

goldfever4
    Free Member

superstu – good point actually. I genuinely didn’t think about what a dick move it would be. Caught up in the excitement of a new bike X not knowing what this model feels like.

For context, the only reason I said my plans are as such are because I’m on a bike2work voucher + additional funds, and there are a couple of websites that have discounted these bikes more heavily than I expect a LBS could. Still, I’ve come across a selfish ass which isn’t what I intended.

superstu
    Free Member

Wasn’t trying to provoke you chap, just conscious that many a lbs will get this a lot. But hopefully they do enough to get trade in otherwise.

Like the look of the habit by the way, would like to try one (not that I’m in the market for a FS)

coatesy
    Free Member

Depends on the size you need, but pretty sure we have one in stock at Sunset in Cardiff.If you give the sales guys a call, they should be able to confirm this, 02920371321.

goldfever4
    Free Member

superstu – no worries, I just hadn’t realised how selfish I was!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Habit – Dealer in SW?’ is closed to new replies.