Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cannondale frame size advice needed
  • MikeL
    Free Member

I need to buy a full sus frame (prophet or rush) online to swap with my hard tail frame. I had a medium size frame for a year but swapped to a large as the steering was a little twitchy when out of the saddle sprinting – do I now go for a medium or large on the full sus?

Any adive would be great,

Mike

Garry_Lager

I ride a large rush – I'm 6' even and there's no way I'd want a med for XC riding. I'm in between sizes on some bikes but for the rush (and most CDale bikes in fact) the large feels perfect. You're welcome to ride it if you're anywhere near Edinburgh.

Simon

I'm 5'9" and ride a medium Prophet, fits well with an in-line post and 70mm stem, HTH.

piha
    Free Member

I'm 5'10" and I have a 09 medium Rize 4 and it is up for sale!

coastkid
    Free Member

the old cannondales (pre 2005) used to come up a bit small so if you rode a medium with most bikes a large was perfect,after around 2005 dale sizes are the same as most makes,
    im 5ft 11" and had a medium prophet which was perfect,expect the same generation rush to be the same,
    my super v 6" travel with RP3 finishes on ebay this evening…grab your self a bargin (shameless plug) 😉

Mal-ec
    Free Member

to confuse things I'm a bit over 5' 11" + finally had to admit that the medium Prophet I had was too small, but the large too big. similarly couldn't quite make a medium Rush feel right which is a shame as they are ace. As a guide I find a medium Cotic Soul and 18 Orange ST4 perfect. I guess allot of it is riding preference/style and torso : legs ratio.

MikeL
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys – only a little confused!! my current bike is a 2005 f5 hardtail with a large frame and 110 lefty fork and it fits me fine, the medium frame was the right height but put my over the handlebars too much – sp looking at the rush or prophet frames I think the safest bet would be a large?

Mike

dale
    Free Member

piha might be interested in the rize sent a mail

5ft 8 ride a medium prophet with 70mm stem low rize 700mm bars seatpost with 10mm layback mostly fine but longer rides (25 miles plus)wish the top tube was a smidge longer

AndrewL

I'm just under 6' (30" inside leg – short!) and have spent the last 3 months coming to the conclusion that the large Rush I've bought is just a bit too big for me, which is pretty annoying.

Looks like I'm heading towards a swap / grtting something else!

cyclical
    Free Member

I am just over 5'11" and am "inbetween" medium and large for many bikes. However when its come to Cannondales I have always gone for a large frame size – that is going back to my first m900, f1000, various super vs, gemini and now a rush. The rush is the first one I have had that does actually feel like a large (so maybe C'dale have increased their sizes) but that is fine for the type of bike it is and the type of riding I will be doing on it.

Only exception was a medium gemini I bought for downhill.

I think the best idea is try before you buy. If you are anywhere near Aberdeen you can try my rush for size.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

6 ft and ride a large rush with lots of post, layback and 90mm stem. Fits me fine. Tried the M and the L but the M was just too small for me. How tall are you Mike? My GF has a F500 HT in Medium and it's deffinately too small for me.

Baldysquirt

5'7" on a small prophet and it fits great. Felt a little short in the TT when I bought it, but I soon got used to it and really wouldn't want it any bigger. 70mm stem and 10mm layback post BTW.

Kieran

I'm 6'2" and ride a XL Rush, fits me perfectly. I've always found Cannondale FS frames come up a bit small, that said, I've always had them with lefty's which are short for their travel so might just be the front end always feels low.

MikeL
    Free Member

I'm just over 5 10 tall – my large hardtail with a lefty is great. I just remember that my old super V full sus was a medium and also great! My super V had a headshok not a lefty – is it the lefty that makes the frame feel a little shorter than it is?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

5'10 eh, I think youu'll probably get on better with a medium then but try to ride it first if you can.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale frame size advice needed’ is closed to new replies.