Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannock today – great to see it so busy
  • large418
    Free Member

Haven’t been to Cannock for ages, so went today to do a couple of laps of the Monkey and FTD. I’ve never seen it so busy, everyone from dads and kids, families, groups of kids/adults, Halfords specials, full on downhill bikes, racing snakes (OK not some many of these) and all sorts of biking gear (jeans are blimmin uncomfortable though!) were out. It was great to see it all so well used (lots of walkers and horses out as well).
    Even the trails have had the pixies in and the braking bumps were fine, no puddles anywhere, even dry and dusty in places.

Really enjoyed the ride today (beats slogging through muddy fields!)

witty.name
    Free Member

See,i hate the chase when its busy.But thats just me being a selfish local i spose.Weekends up there do my head in.Thank god my job gives me plenty of weekdays free.

Harumph.

flip
    Free Member

Came home from shooting, through the Chase, i live in Cannock, i couldn’t beleive how packed it was.

I never go at weekends too busy.

bokonon
    Free Member

I got in to the car park just after 0745 this morning and there were more people there than I normally see at that time, did a lap with a poorly brake, got back around 0945 and it was totally rammed. I enjoyed the solitude, I only saw about 10 people all the way round.

SOAP
    Free Member

Our second trip to chase yesterday and really liked it.
    More people/chavs on FTD than the Monkey,and great to hit some dusty trails at last.
    Rode all the black sections and got some good air off the rollers.
    1hr 40mins from Bristol and £40 derv happy to do that 2/3 times a year.

takisawa2

Beautiful day up there. Wasn’t that busy once you were away from the visitors centres. Plenty of “spectators” at the start / finish of each section, why do they do that… 😕
    I felt like a riding god, parting the waves.

Couldn’t believe I rode on dusty trails in February…!!!

Hope it stays dry for the week.

large418
    Free Member

Yes, normally I like the solitude, but I know not to do the Cannock MTB trails at a weekend unless I am in a good “people” mood. It felt like a “festival of cycling” type day today.

extremo
    Free Member

I did the natural trails at Cannock which were relatively quite but I saw loads out and about when i was on the way to the carpark. I mean away from FTD and the Monkey but still at cannock.
    the trails we did were still muddy and even saw one small patch of snow.
    but it was a great day to be out in the sunshine

franki
    Free Member

I had to pop into Swinno’s on Saturday and the B.V. area was rammed. Not really a surprise though – first nice weekend for aaaaages. Always brings them out in droves.

phiiiiil

‘Tis half term this week around here too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for continued dry weather, I’m off for a night ride on Tuesday.

ciderman
    Free Member

I hit cannock last weekend, first time whilst visiting inlaws, well done midlands that was one of the best trails I’ve ridden! Highly recommend! Heading down for the winter series next week, shame it’s not incorporated onto the actual trails .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannock today – great to see it so busy’ is closed to new replies.