Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Cannock Saturday morning?
  • dibboid
    Free Member

I’m dying to get out on trial in the morning to test my new Ks dropzone, but my other buddies are unavailable, sick or injured.

Anyone available for a ride around the red route early tmw morning starting 8ish?? (need to be back early as the Mrs wants a afternoon out!)

cheers

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

might be up for that, but need to find out some timings first

dibboid
    Free Member

cool! 🙂 just doing a bit of last minute maintenance bodging 🙂

jekkyl

I’m hoping to be up there around 11am.
    It’s likely to be heaving as the weather’s going to be nice and there’s an event on.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes, i can make it…

where you parking up, birches valley or marquis drive?

Keith – Blue Mazda 3 – white Cube clown bike

8 o’clock is fine with me

dibboid
    Free Member

ok cool. I usually park on the main car park. But I think I know where you’re on about… Know in me I’ll end up in a car park full of doggers. *remember not to knock on other car windows asking if they want a ride*

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

okeedokee . . . go to the main car park, i fancy a snoop around the shop after anyway.

doubt there will be that may souls around that early…

davetrave
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    I’m hoping to be up there around 11am.
    It’s likely to be heaving as the weather’s going to be nice and there’s an event on.

What event’s that then? Is it going to restrict access to the trails?

Balls, was looking forward to heading over from Nottingham for a nice sunny day out…

dibboid
    Free Member

there is a event on but its all off piste the dog and monkey are unaffected by this. You only cross over their paths twice I think and you may get halted by marshals but not for long. There is info on their facebook page regarding this.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Tread or shred from tackaroo…

not on the trails, but some crossing points that will be marshalled and there are some trails bits closed i think which is just maintenance related…

chasetrails

davetrave
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, not so bad then…

mattk
    Free Member

Room for one more?

Fancy getting in an early ride, so I can spend the day lounging in the sun we’ve been promised.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Was up there today…it’s riding really nicely and is mostly dust! It’s fast and fun, so I’d expect it to be busy…I was surprised how many other slackers were up there today!

I’d love to join you, but I’ve got decorating to do so it’ll be an early morning session on the jump bike.

Enjoy

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yup all welcome… 8.oo am birches valley

mattk
    Free Member

Cool, see you tomorrow. I’ll be in a grey punto, ride a genesis io

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

noted 🙂

dibboid
    Free Member

Room for one more?

More the merrier. 🙂 I’ll be in a blue scenic with a black trek

mattk
    Free Member

Cheers for the ride fellas. Dry, dusty and sunny, almost felt like Spain!

dibboid
    Free Member

Cheers for the ride fellas. Dry, dusty and sunny, almost felt like Spain!

I had a fab time. Just a shame I was tired unfit today. Although my mrs was happy as we got out the house for the afternoon on time and turned out to be a great day.

But thanks to you both for the company, shame I didn’t have the time to stay and have a cuppa at the end.

Dave

edit: matt, can you drop me a email please? Can’t see your addy in profile. Thx

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes cheers chaps…

good ride, great company and a few spills, what more could you want?

I won’t be out next Saturday , . . . but Sunday is the Wyre . . . went up yesterday and got muddy…

jekkyl

i made it up Cannock as well, very annoyed and frustrated to find most of it closed. The 2nd section where the split for the monkey is was closed and I really enjoy the descent down to the road. BUT the swooping grassy dirt they’ve put in as a temp (?) was excellent fun, very fast. Considered doing it again and wondering wether that horrible climb would be worth it for the 3 minutes of thrill, I thought not and carried on. Also another part was closed about when you come down to a fireroad, and then the temp measure wasn’t so good, just up a load of fireroad. Was the bit with the weirwodl drop closed too as I can’t remember riding it. Beautiful day though, loads of people were out. Had to feel sorry for one guy who had brought his wife, he had a crush and mrs was on a cube with leg protectors on. As soon as they hit that first fireroad climb she was off and walking while hubby was pushing both bikes (was this you?) – tbh if it were me I’d be having serious words with wifey, like why she’d chosen to come and then not cycle, seriously in the granny ring anyone can get up a hill, even a granny?! you need to cycle that first fireroad to warm up properly I’ve always thought. Anyway, loads of characters about, there was a load of friendly oriental gentlemen, all dressed in the same clobbernot sure if they were a team of some sort. There was dad character riding in jeans and a wooly jumper on an argos special who declared to me and another chap on the lower cliff that we’d ‘better wait a while before setting off behind him as his brakes weren’t very good’ 😆 it’s all good.

mattk
    Free Member

Was the bit with the weirwodl drop closed too

that bit was open, but we were there early, so it could have been closed later.

Loved that new temporary bit tho, made my eyes water it was that fast!

dibboid
    Free Member

Loved that new temporary bit tho, made my eyes water it was that fast!

+1 deffo fun I think it should be left in as a alternative. Altho the trees at the start was a bit close together for my 780 bars lol. I think we both clipped them didn’t we matt? 🙂

mattk
    Free Member

I think we both clipped them

Yeah they got me, had a wobble but stayed upright somehow!

matther01
    Free Member

Must say cannock and Brockton were good Sunday morning too…back end sliding about all over the shop in the dry/dusty conditions.

The new temporary bit was a bit hairy…until I remembered to feather my braking…but still over shot the end and nearly ended up in the fence!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

711mm is the new 780mm,…what trees?

i remember being saved by one? 😀

dibboid
    Free Member

i remember being saved by one?

The trees may have saved your bike, but they really tried to wreck your crown jewels as the back end flipped up iirc! 😀 but as least you wasn’t on the floor!

I do remember the front washing out on me a couple of times on the berms but managed to save it.

rOcKeTdOg

but Sunday is the Wyre

I might be up for that

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Saturday morning?’ is closed to new replies.