Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock – mudfest or not too bad?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Got a day off tomorrow, and I’m desperate for a fast, brain out, xc blat through the trees. Local Peaks stuff is all fubarred (and I’ll be out in the main peaks on Sun), Sherwood Pines looks pretty messed up with fallen trees, so I was wondering about Cannock (not been there for years!)

According to Chasetrails faceache page, the Dog & Monkey are back open, but if it’s swampy as hell, I’d rather not end up trashing the place.

Cheers!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Likewise. Got a rare day off tomorrow and fancied a blast around the Chase myself. Haven’tbeen there in 8 months but if it’s a complete mud-fest I’ll give it a miss.

rOcKeTdOg

Dry, less muddy than expected with some puddles is the report I got today

emac65
    Free Member

It’s got a few puddles on it,but no real mud to speak of

Pete-B
    Free Member

Dunno about The Dog cos I don’t bother but The Monkey should be fine.

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from llandegla and it was lovely today, in great condition and lovely and fast. Was one of my best rides in years (new bike feeling probably helped). Going cannock on sat so interested in how the conditions are

dan86
    Free Member

Went yesterday folks, there is one muddy bit (cant remember which part) and the rest is just the odd puddle. All completely rideable

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Sounds promising then with a dry day forecast for tomorrow.

dan86
    Free Member

prawny

It’s never that muddy on the donkey, and it’s been dry all day here today. Should be almost dusty tomorrow

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s fine. I was there today I was surprised by how it looked.

ichi
    Free Member

Been there every weekend for past couple months, first section was closed off (isnt it always !?) and the section after ‘between the trees’ (two sections after cardiac hill) was closed also. Will be back on Sunday so hope they are both open again by then.

As for mud the worst parts are the straight after ‘stoneybrook climb’, and the 2 sections after that, before and after the first boardwalk.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Its got bugger all to do with the conditions but I popped into Birches valley for a coffee while out on the roadie and clapped eyes on one of these beasts…

Never seen on in the wild before.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I wish id seen that. I think they are ace looking.

andy7t2
    Free Member

That is I’ve fugly bike

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for the dead deer in one of the drainage holes on the seven dwarfs section of berms , still there yesterday

kjcc25
    Free Member

Just remember it is half term, this week have come across grandma and granddaughter walking across the board walk at the Stegosaurus, not their fault it’s a big temptation and could do with additional sign warning people. Four mountain bikers, who should know better, blocking a section having a chat and unfortunately because it’s a “working forest” FC back in full swing thinning here there and everywhere which will result in more trees coming down the moment the wind gets up again.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Just got back from Follow the Dog. The trail is virtually dry .

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Aye. Went, rode, amazed by the number of people pushing on FTD on anything that was slightly uphill (I hadn’t realised about 1/2 term). The Monkey was ace. A few laps of that was exactly what the Dr ordered. Almost dry, bar a cheeky shortcut I spotted on the Woodbank. Throughly recommended, although getting back home on a Friday afternoon was an utter PITA.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup went round this morning great conditions and suspiciously quiet although it was getting busier on the way back. And for the first time in months there was a little bit of heat from the sun and a goodbye fricken Winter feeling. Lovely.

Duffer
    Free Member

Never seen on in the wild before.

I saw one on the Mendips a few years ago. It’s great to see something different once in a while!

tacopowell
    Free Member

That bike is Sooooo Cannock Chase!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock – mudfest or not too bad?’ is closed to new replies.