Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannock late afternoon/night riding.
  • rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a late afternoon/night ride at cannock on one sunday evening soon. I'm hearing things about permits? Can someone shed some light on this? Do I need one etc?

Ta people!

rOcKeTdOg

you'll need a ticket for the carpark if you use it, that's all

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

cheers rocketdog.

wellhung
    Free Member

If you're going to park at Birches Valley i think they lock the gates for the night but i'm not certain.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

wellhung

I usually park at the main car park (where we pay) near the bike shop (if i've got that right?). I've only ever been about 4 times in the day.

Sometimes I have parked at one of the small cluster parking areas around cannock just off the housing estate. But I feel uncomfortable parking in these at night due to their dogging reputations!

sc-xc

Park at the Horns, call in on the way out and have a beer – they are very cool.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Alot of us park on Marquis Drive roadside. Dont leave any valuables in your car wherever you park and whilst there are some nocturnal other activities the dogging shouldnt bother you if you dont go looking!

wellhung
    Free Member

I usually park at the main car park (where we pay) near the bike shop (if i've got that right?). I've only ever been about 4 times in the day.

Sometimes I have parked at one of the small cluster parking areas around cannock just off the housing estate. But I feel uncomfortable parking in these at night due to their dogging reputations!

Crumbs you're brave i wouldn't/don't park anywhere other than Birches Valley by the bike shop (Swynos) Milford Common paying car park or Mammoth Lifestyles carpark Milford also.

There's just too much thieving.

tazzymtb

have parked at the war cem car park for about 5 years worth of night riding 2-3 nights a week, never had any trouble at all (touch wood)

fbk
    Free Member

2nd Parking at the Horns Inn – 100yd ride into the chase (about 1km from FtD) and the landlord is very helpful.

Does mean you feel obliged to pop in for a pint afterwards though 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I park on the WhiteHouse CP, only near the road tho' never been anything to mither about – (in the week lorry drivers now park on there so a bit more security..

wellhung
    Free Member

have parked at the war cem car park for about 5 years worth of night riding 2-3 nights a week, never had any trouble at all (touch wood)

What do you drive….an armoured car 🙂

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Decided and went out to the dog tonight with a mate. After much procrastination and losing our bearings we parked in our old spot (a secluded car park not far from the kids playground and cafe). Anyhow car was still in one piece after our ride and no one was bent over a bonnet making squeaking noises upon our return!

Very wet & slippy tonight (went over the bars on the first part of the trail) and bitterly cold towards the end of the ride. Enjoyed it as always down there.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

yamyambiker
    Free Member

Not had any problems with parking at Marquis Drive yet. Birches Valley car park is open on an evening at the moment as they are selling xmas trees there which is handy as there's usually a hot food/drink wagon which is perfect after/between laps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannock late afternoon/night riding.’ is closed to new replies.