Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cannock conditions for sunday
  • toys19
    Free Member

Possibility of riding at cannock this weekend, I’m from deepest Devonshire so I have no idea what the conditions are like at any time, but given the recent rain…

According to the weather at 15:00 on thursday 10th may, the predictions for the weekend are cloud for now, light rain on friday afternoon, sunny all day sat and sun/cloud on sun.

met office cannock

Any experienced cannock folk out there
    Thanks in advance. xx

scruff
    Free Member

It’ll be fine.

honeybadgerx

I can guarantee a 46.7% increase in your riding ability, particularly the ability to ride in all weather conditions if you go trail building first (also free tea and parking). It will also increase your sex appeal and gnar factor by at least 34.9%.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kayak23

Its a trail centre. Apart from the odd puddle, it ain’t going to change too much.

toys19
    Free Member

I’ll be travelling back from derbyshire to devon on sunday morning, my brother lives in cov, so we planned meeting there. I have no idea of whats about, and he is new to the area, so if anyone has any good recommendations around there I woudl appreciate it? I did wonder about sherwood pines?

BigJohn

Its a trail centre

😯

I’ve been riding the place for about 45 years and I’ve been on the “trail centre” bits for maybe a tenth of one percent of my time there.

There’s always dry stuff there.

composite
    Free Member

The conditions last night were puddlely, slippery and arm breaky. Spent most of today in A&E. 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member
    Its a trail centre. Apart from the odd puddle, it ain’t going to change too much.

Have you not seen the braking bumps?

If you are planning on riding the dog and the monkey then you should be fine. Rode the dog on Tuesday and apart from a couple of puddles at the start and end it was quite dry.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah my brother said follow the dog and monkey 14 miles or so? TBH I’ll ride anyway but I just wondered what it was gogint to be like.

rocketman
    Free Member

although we’ve had a lot of rain recently it has, if anything, improved the trails because the concrete singletrack has softened up and now – gasp – the rain actually drains away instead of lying on the surface. The Chase Trails fellas have also been hard at work draining some of the bigger puddles.

Went round Tues evening and it was (almost) like Summer.

enjoy

scruff
    Free Member

BJ, thats 1/1000th on your abacus.

I_Ache
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    yeah my brother said follow the dog and monkey 14 miles or so? TBH I’ll ride anyway but I just wondered what it was gogint to be like.

They are about 14 but feel further. I think it must be all the short climbs on the monkey that make it feel longer than it is.

Rocketman what were you riding I might have seen you. I was on a blue BFe FWIW.

toys19
    Free Member

coolio. the weekend is shaping up.

rocketman
    Free Member

Rocketman what were you riding I might have seen you. I was on a blue BFe FWIW

was on a white Cannondale but would have been riding pretty quickly, just a blur for most people *cough*

kayak23

I’ve been riding the place for about 45 years and I’ve been on the “trail centre” bits for maybe a tenth of one percent of my time there.

There’s always dry stuff there.

My mistake, I temporarily forgot about the local riders who always pop up and proclaim that there is about 349000 miles of epic singletrack around the Chase. It won’t happen again.. 😉

Thing is, he’s from Devon, so its unlikely that he will be able to find all the local gems without a guide…

Seriously though, the Dog/Monkey are good fun, and can be ridden in all weathers really. Have fun.

scruff
    Free Member

It won’t happen again

Dont worry about BJ, he tells non-locals they are C***S when they get lost and dare ask for directions.

chrispo
    Free Member

Cannock is always very rideable but when it’s wet it’s quite puddly and fills every crevice with noisy scratchy gritty sandy bits which can be quite hard on brake pads when you’re doing your bit to maintain those mythical monster braking bumps

snakebite
    Free Member

weather looking good at the moment, no rain yet today!

flip
    Free Member

Just put some black circular knobbly things on your wheels and it’ll be fine.

Parents and my house backs onto Chase and been riding it for 590 years at least.

Toasty

The conditions last night were puddlely, slippery and arm breaky. Spent most of today in A&E.

Eep, where did you come off?

It was really swift last weekend, as above, it drains pretty well though. Even when it’s hammering down there’s very few sections that become boggy, be prepared for sandy grit to get everywhere if it’s really wet though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cannock conditions for sunday’ is closed to new replies.