Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock chase off piste
  • enterusername
    Free Member

I know this is kind of a ‘hush subject’ but just after a few off piste trails around birches valley area and directions / gpx routes to them?

Aiming to go every weekend and have done follow the dog and monkey aswell as stile cop a few times and although these are great I’m just after a bit of natural feeling off piste.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

boombang
    Free Member

Can you use Strava segment explore? I’ve only been up to Cannock Change once and local showed me around – I have no idea if what I rode was ‘off piste’ but some was great fun (apart from ‘rooty death’)

doomanic

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Go somewhere, anywhere, else.

enterusername
    Free Member

@boombang

rooty death

Ye it is very rooty but that’s part of the fun 😂

walleater

Carpet Mamba. It’s a little known fact that Verbier was set up as a training ground for people aspiring to be able to ride this trail.

enterusername
    Free Member

@walleater

What do you mean?

scruff
    Free Member

Will, it’s still there and it has plenty of radical additions by the yoot.

enterusername
    Free Member

@scruff

What’s still where?

kayak23

There’s a huge amount of traffic at Cannock. There’s no way that unofficial trails could take that traffic.

Follow your nose and explore. 👍

enterusername
    Free Member

@kayak23

Ok I think that’s what I’ll have to do. Just go up one day and have a cycle round and see what I can find 😂

dirkpitt74

Plenty up there – you don’t have to look too far.
    Although this time of year a lot of the off piste is a boggy mess.

funkynick

‘Hush subject’? Most of the trails are plastered all over Strava!

Anyway, you could always do what most people I know do, and just ride around and head off up any track you see. You might get a little lost a few times, and head up some dead ends, but you’ll soon get the idea and Cannock isn’t very big after all…

walleater

Good to know Scruff! I came across (not sexually….) some old photos of Jon and I riding it the other day. Probably doesn’t look as loamy now though.

enterusername
    Free Member

@funkynick

Anyway, you could always do what most people I know do, and just ride around and head off up any track you see.

Ye I’ll dedicate a weekend to it I think 😂

jekkyl

there is no off piste at Cannock, stick to the donkey lads, keep clear of the moors.
    ‘AWOOOOOOOOOOO!’

SirHC

First rule about off-piste is we don’t talk about it.

enterusername
    Free Member

Ye ok thanks everyone I think I’ll have to just go and have an explore and then remember to keep my mouth shut when I find something :,-)

IvanMTB
    Free Member

It is very good, as long as you have someone local guiding you – or you are local/local knowledge savvy – and if you are doing it in dry.

Cheers!
    I.

postierich
    Free Member

I only ride the off piste now as my permit ran out and I aint buying another after the bump in price!!

Would not mind paying for another permit but they never even try to sort out the braking bumps!!!!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Wait!they do skiing at Cannock ?

enterusername
    Free Member

@postierich

Would not mind paying for another permit but they never even try to sort out the braking bumps!!!!

Ye especially ‘son of a chainslapper’ although I suppose it couldn’t keep its name if it was smoother :,-)

enterusername
    Free Member

@Big-Bud

Ye, I’m just waiting for the snow that’s supposed to be forecast for February!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase off piste’ is closed to new replies.