Cannock Chase local? Check this out…
I have never ridden at Cannock, but it doesn’t look particularly exciting.
you should go mate, it’s great.
Great video, however whenever I watch these vids I can’t help but think about the work that goes on trying to get flawless runs on vid. Film a bit, cycle ahead of rider, stop, set up cam, rider comes past, stop, cycle ahead of rider, stop, set up cam, rider comes past, stop, cycle ahead of rider, stop, set up cam, rider comes past, stop…
Must get frustrating when all you’d like to do is ride the trail.Posted 4 years ago
fenn27 – grew up in stafford and taking some mates up there this saturday for my birthday ride.
if you want something different or if you have a bit of time where that log is at the ‘insidious incline’ that’s the climb to the last monkey descent lower cliff, instead of going over the log go right up the fireroad and over a little hill you’ll come to stile cop. There really should be a little sign I think letting people know this.Posted 4 years agoscruffMember
There really should be a little sign I think letting people know this.
Nope, I’ve picked up enough riders off the red course who shouldn’t be on there, or at least should have walked down for a look first before falling off and breaking their collar bone / leg / head.Posted 4 years ago
thanks jekkyl thats an excellent tip. Done the dog (and the stafford side of the chase as a boy) lots, but only the monkey once so looking forward to it. Although if the weather forecast is right may only manage the dog before hiding in the cafe…anyway say hi if you see me mincing along on my red rockhopper 23 inch gatePosted 4 years ago
it’s looking changeable for the weekend. The dog/monkey (donkey) is so important it’s got it’s own weather report page on the met. 🙂
I’m full of helpful tips today, I’ll stop now and do some work!Posted 4 years agowobbliscottMember
The video, like most video’s, makes it look tamer than it is, and Adams a very good rider so he makes it look even tamer. OK its not the knarliest trail out there, but there are some sections that do make you hesitate for a moment or two just before you hit them every time so they’re not completely flat and easy. Adam took me and a few mates on a skills course a year or so ago. A really good bloke and did help us elivate us from our very basic skills. Recently we were talking about booking him up again this year for another course.Posted 4 years agowilliamtmMember
Glad everyone likes the video!
To answer the comments/questions:
1) It is pretty dry up there but there is of course still some mud around – needs about two weeks of dry weather to be completely dry I think.Posted 4 years ago
2) “I have never ridden at Cannock, but it doesn’t look particularly exciting.” – it’s a great trail, but if you’re used to bouncing around the Peaks or Scotland or Wales all day, you’ll find it pretty easy and possibly boring. Still, it’s worth a visit at least once.
3) @jekkyl – that’s pretty much it. Lower Cliff usually takes a few minutes to ride, but it took us around an hour to do it. Tripod doesn’t help either – have to set that up too for each shot. Helps if you’re with someone who’s fairly patient and doesn’t mind the waiting!
4) @scruff – Adam said he’s still getting used to the bike, so I’m sure he’ll clear it sooner or later.
5) @rocketman – tripod on Monday – indeed it was. Hope I didn’t get in the way too much. 😉
6) @pocketrocket & wobbliscott – The wide angle lens definitely makes everything look flatter/easier. The rock gardens on the video look really easy but in real life, on a bike, high up, they look a lot worse.Oscillate WildlyMember
i was there monday, i can vouch for the dryness (mate went saturday and it was soaking wet!), it dries out super quick
i can also vouch for those guys, i saw them filming hopping over the log, it is much bigger than it looks in the video too, and also those rock gardens on the black section, although easily rideable they are much steeper than the video suggests, and i bet some folk have come a cropper on them, they are as tough as most black sections at trail centres ive been too
still a great video though cant wait to get backPosted 4 years agofr0sty125Member
I enjoyed that a lot! Clearly more fineness and far more skill than myself I wish I could manual and hop like that… But how come you rolled all the fun jumps at Lower Cliff that part you manual at 1:36 is great fun at full speed!
You made the black stuff look very easy and smooth to!Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘Cannock Chase local? Check this out…’ is closed to new replies.