Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Cannock: Car broken into and bike… And most of my life stolen :(
  • chipps

I’ve always had too much clothing and clutter. I’ll drop you a line…

scaredypants

I lost about 10kg this year and so have quite a lot of spare 90kg bloke clothes (36w trousers, few 42-44 sweatshirts etc and work shirts 16 1/2 if you need that sort of thing). My wife would be delighted if they disappeared; I was planning on resurrecting the baggy look. (I have a feeling that sants will be bringing skinny shit my way).

I don’t really have bike gear as such, apart from lycra shorts with chamois

They’re all a bit old and so am I – I’d suggest you ignore this post if you’re under 50 30 😳

email in profile. gear near southampton but we have a post office

paulwf

Really sorry to hear that.

Was the bike visible in your car and how did they get into it?

Andy

Thats shit. I have a load of stuff – will email

Andy

Just to add – quite often travel the country with a car loaded with bikes and clothes so this is my nightmare scenario 🙁

jamj1974

That shite OP. Very sorry to hear it.

windyg
    Free Member

I have a brand new pair of 34″ waist jeans here and some T-shirts and a fleece if you want them.

johnw1984
    Free Member

This is awful 🙁

I’m sitting here going through my head thinking if I could send anything, but I’m afraid it would all be too big.

What a shitty situation. Sometimes I think I’m too paranoid about this stuff, but it seems like you really can’t leave anything out of sight nowadays.

If there was a funding page to help, I’d gladly chuck a bit of Christmas money that way. And I’ve just realised it happened just before Christmas 🙁

rascal
    Free Member

Might have a few bits too.
    Totally shite news…hope by some miracle you get all your stuff back unlikely as it might be 😕

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone have an email for the op, can’t see one in his profile

johnw1984
    Free Member

At bottom of first page

ajones(at)earthwatch(dot)org(dot)uk

Drac

I’ve probably got some spare stuff lying around. I’m not properly off until Saturday though so might take awhile to sort, if you’re still short post on here. No shame in doing so.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve got riding clothes in abundance. 32-34 waist shorts, medium/large tops. A fair bit unworn. Let us know what you need.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Morning guys.. After a pretty dark fitful night, I am truly and deeply touched by your messages of support and help here. I really wasn’t expecting this kind of response to my thread at all. It’s humbling..

I’m a 32-34 waist, probably usually a 34 in most clothes. M/L on top.. I’ll respond to your emails, etc. once I’ve dealt with all the other stuff today.. Replacing car windscreen, replacing locks to my house, etc.. That sort of stuff..

Many thanks everyone..

benpinnick

Let me know you’re addy via email (I emailed you) and some Bird tees will be on their way…

Kuco

Bugger, I had a good clear out of casual clothes a couple of weeks ago. But may be able to help on the running front as i’ve got a brand new pair of Saucony Guide 8 size 8 1/2. Also got a pair of shorts I’ve hardly worn and a couple of running tops if any good?

project
    Free Member

as per usual niceness reappears for christmas, it never really went away, just sometimes gets hidden by bickering, well done to all. Happy Christmas.

soobalias
    Free Member

you have my sympathies. i had a hire car broken into in spain in the summer, took everything, tent sleeping mats, clothes toiletries, cooking stuff, minor electronics. we travelled home in the beachwear we had on, picked up a huge bill for the damage to the car……

i tell a lie, they managed to miss my old swiss army knife, but as i no longer had a suitcase, i couldnt check it in, so lost that at security at the airport

still not replaced some of the stuff

johnw1984
    Free Member

Go get your stuff sorted first, we’ll be waiting here patiently 🙂

Nice one on the Bird tees too!

I’m always nice project 🙂 It was around Summer when people were donating to help be build my deceased Uncles bike up to do the Mcr > Blackpool.

Most of the bickering comes across as banter to me, everyone loves each other here!

That’s terrible Soobalias. Dreading the day it happens to me 🙁

Drac

it never really went away, just sometimes gets hidden by bickering, well done to all. Happy Christmas.

I blame Brexit.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Don’t know how your getting on for casual clothes but I’ve a couple of pairs of 34/32 Levi jeans going spare and a couple of M/L tees if you want them.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Drac ygm

tjagain

I have no style. someone stole it when I turned 50 – does anyone have some stylish clothes spare? 😉

Only joking

about the only thing I could offer is a 661 skateboard style helmet if thats any good or a really old cheap XC one or a pair of spare aldi builders gloves that I use for riding
    Any use?

bigyim
    Free Member

Email in profile if you want to send a list of what you’re short of I’ll see what I’ve got

RustySpanner

I’ve got some unworn GAP combat pants if you’re a short in the leg?
    32/34 short, couple of pairs.

Mail in profile.

HansRey

OP, YGM

weeksy

OP, i’ve got 3 pairs of Next jeans in a 34″ waist which have been my ‘incentive’ jeans for a couple of years, sadly for me, they’ve never been worn hahahaha. You’re more than welcome to them should you not have enough offers by now.

Terrible news for you fella… good luck getting back on your feet.

Email in profile if you want them

MrsToast
    Free Member

Ack, sorry to hear that. Get your details on http://www.stolen-bikes.co.uk, and keep an eye on http://www.findthatbike.co.uk – when my bike was nicked from outside work in Leamington, I found it for sale on Gumtree in Sheffield via that site. I got my bike back (but the police were sadly pretty useless when it came to actually doing anything about the ‘suspects’).

I’d love to leap to Cannock’s defence, but when I was last there just over a week ago, I actually witnessed a bike being nicked from outside of the cafe. :/ It was in view of the owner in front of the window, but the little scrote was pretty brazen. Ended up happily – the scrote abandoned it, I’m assuming because it was too big for him, or had SPDs or something. He was only about 14, and with a family group – the lads had been hanging around the cafe for hours. He had two other teens with him all day – they ended up strolling casually back past the cafe.

I’m assuming the adults in the group were encouraging it – they realised they were being stalked by the Rangers (who were waiting for the police, who didn’t show up), and drove the wrong way around the carpark in an attempt to avoid them (even though it was a longer route to the exit)…

Sadly I can’t join in with the clothes donation, unless you’re hoping to start cross dressing!

davemaggs
    Free Member

Gutted for you, hope you get a good result with everyone looking for your gear.

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s shitty luck – hope you manage to get stuff sorted soon.

I’m a local and park at the pumping station a lot if I only ride the Monkey and it’s always felt OK. I avoid Birches Valley like the plague on weekends because there are always shifty looking scumbags knocking about.

I’ve got some spare riding kit, but it’s probably too big (I’m 34-36, but large in tops).

My garage was broken into this year and they took six bikes all of which have vanished despite ebay etc searches being set up. I’d love to know where all these stolen bikes end up.

brassneck

Will also trawl through the kit drawer and be in touch.

What size shoes? May have some SPD shoes you can have, which even if you normally ride flats yuo can at least get the piss taken by your mates when you get your bike back.

List on here would be helpful, reverse dibs…

darrenspink
    Free Member

OP, if you go on the Ride Sheffield Facebook page someone has posted that they spotted a bike very similar to yours.
    Bit of a distance away and not much to go at but you never know.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the radio silence. I am once again totally overwhelmed by the responses on here. This is genuinely a lovely community of people.

I seem to have slipped into a bit of an emotional slump over the last 24 hrs and have been trying to get a bit of headspace from all this – at the same time as trying force myself to pull together and get on with it, but not succeeding brilliantly well at times. Gota MTFU a bit harder.. Still, I got new locks fitted to the house today and got my BP meds replaced, the car window is still smashed in though until the fitter eventually arrives

I will get back to your emails shortly, so yes – apologies if I haven’t managed to yet!

There were a few things left in the car that the b-tards didn’t manage to find – one of which being the 20 year old pocket radio I mentioned. I was very relived to find that, as it is one of the few things I have left from my late dad. So – thanks – CFH for the kind offer of your radio, but thankfully I won’t actually be needing that.

As for other Qs – about whether the bike, etc were out of sight. I had covered the bike with a mass of blankets, so that it was out of sight. I always do cover stuff like that up.

I’ve got some photos below of the bike, taken in its just-finished-build kitchen photo state. It’s not a common colour, nor probably a fairly common build. The frame dates from 2013, whereas most the rest of the components are 2007-8 era. Eerie to see on that FB that there someone has seen a similar bike described already. It has a destinctive 1.5″ scratch on the top tube that I’d carefully spent the last few weeks touching up with a mix of metallic green paints.

Thanks again guys.

nedrapier

Balls. Nice bike! I know how you feel. I had my car nicked while I was sleeping on the cliffs about 100m away in Cornwall. 4 days into a 2 week surf trip. 2 boards, one a beaut I’d never have sold, wetsuit, climbing gear, hammock, minidisc player, load of cds and mds, clothes, professional exam text books. And the car my brother gave me. Long walk that morning. Back home, back to work. Car was found burnt out. 😐

That was 10 years ago, I still think about the car, and the 6’10 Magic Carpet.

Not much to add or offer apart from sympathy! Sounds like you’re going to be OK for clothes? I’m not local, but I’ll keep an eye out on the net for the bike.

teamslug
    Free Member

Shite thing to happen, so close to christmas too. Not sure I’ve got any gear that will fit/help but if you get round to building a new bike please get in touch. I’ve got lots of small items ( grips cassettes etc) happy to help in any way I can, and like lots of folks have said don’t be too proud to ask cos despite the banter on here I feel proud to be part of a ‘community’ that pulls together when something like this happens.

edhornby

Is your email also your PayPal?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There were a few things left in the car that the b-tards didn’t manage to find – one of which being the 20 year old pocket radio I mentioned. I was very relived to find that, as it is one of the few things I have left from my late dad.

Rarely have I been so happy to have an offer turned down! Things are just things, but things with connection are so much more.

scaredypants

What size shoes? May have some SPD shoes you can have

I almost definitely have some old ones in a 9 or so

curvature
    Free Member

Just to add I have a Timberland coat that has a removable fleece liner. Great coat that just bed reproofing to be fully waterproof.

Size L. I will happily let you have it as I’ve just had a new coat only 2 weeks ago.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Hey guys thank you so much for the generous offers of stuff. I keep saying this, but I have been deeply moved and touched by this support from you all.

Thanks curvature and others above – will PM you later.

I’m okay for SPD shoes thank you (as I was thankfully wearing them while riding), but I’m generally a size 11 foot-wise. Having unpacked my mind a bit now and gone through things, there’s a few specific trusted things that I’m looking to replace, which now appear quite difficult to track down. Frustrating how the particular items that one uses for cycling or other sports – and seem to work ‘just right’ – then get discontinued. If anyone can point me in the direction of the following bits, I would quite happy to buy them off you, or if you can find them anywhere online anywhere I can pick them up from..

Specialized windstopper vest (M)

Old style Helly Hansen Lifa thermal (M)

661 Storm Glove (2014 edition) (XL – XXL)

Apologies for the super massive images.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Cannock: Car broken into and bike… And most of my life stolen :(’ is closed to new replies.