Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canfield Can-Diggle
  • pomona
    Free Member

Anyone owned/ridden one of these?
    Any thoughts or comments on them? How heavy was it? How was it size wise?
    I usually fit medium size bikes but the Can-Diggle seems to measure up a bit smaller so I may need a large (I’m about 5’10”)

I’ve been offered a brand-new unused 2009 model which I’ll be running with Marz 55 RC3 Ti and a CCDB coil.

Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

Canfield has to be one of the most esoteric brands out there, at least in this country. It would be pretty interesting to hear from anyone who has one on here.

Didn’t the Can Diggle evolve into ‘The One’? A quick image search shows that they look more or less the same.

I’ve only ever come across one UK owned and ridden Canfield before.The bike I saw was a ‘The One’, being ridden by a guy I shared a villa with in Morzine a few years back while on the annual week pilgrimage.

It was brand new to him and he’d bought it to scale down from a full on DH bike. It looked lovely in the metal. Sadly I never got to give it a try as our weights were so far apart I would have blown his suspension up! But sitting astride his medium, it did feel small compared to other company’s mediums (I was on a medium Demo 8 at the time).

In that first week on the bike he did say that it was a slightly quirky bike with unusual suspension kinematics; not remotely to suggest it didn’t work because he felt it did, just that it worked in a very different way to what he was used to and it took him the whole week to adjust. He had two decent stacks on it as well and even ended up having 9 stitches in his thigh as he toppled down a steep slope and landed badly on a broken branch! His mates did point out though that he was always accident prone and that this was just normal service for him!

Do they have a UK distributor? That would be the first thing to check so that you can establish where your support will be if something needs attention.

infidel
    Free Member

I think charliethebikemonger sells Canfield…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Looks like Progressive were bringing them in at one time, not sure about now.

Also, it was 2007 when I met the guy on the Canfield The One, so the Can Diggle obviously didn’t evolve into it.

honourablegeorge

Mad Elk cycles in Dublin are doing Canfield

pomona
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I’m not actually in the UK, I’m in NZ so the dealer side of it is not important.

I think The One and Can-Diggle were both bought out at the same time with identical geometry and travel. The Can-Diggle just used slightly burlier tubes etc so was a bit heavier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canfield Can-Diggle’ is closed to new replies.