Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canfield 9-36 cassette
  • radoggair
    Free Member

So, £100 quid for a cassette and only 191g. Surely shows how overpriced Sram xx cassette’s are?.

Anyway, am i right in saying it wont fit onto a standard sram/shimano 10spd freehub body?

If not, when will someone make my 9-36 or 10-38 10spd cassette so i dont have to splash out on xx1?

svalgis
    Free Member

If not, when will someone make my 9-36 or 10-38 10spd cassette so i dont have to splash out on xx1?

When will your standard freehub body magically shrink so a smaller cog than 11t physically fits? 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Cassette made by Recon – well known in the weight weenie world for being a bit shit

Sit an xx1 cassette and a recon side by side and you will see where the money is spent

Mackem

Just fit one of those new-fangled 42t cogs onto a standard XT cassette.

onandon
    Free Member

Yes, Recon make probably the worst cassettes in the world, ever.
    Poor shifting, snapped teeth and bent sprockets – take yet pick .

I had the misfortune of buying one a few years ago and it lasting 60 odd miles before bending.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So, £100 quid for a cassette and only 191g. Surely shows how overpriced Sram xx cassette’s are?.

You must have found the ultimate, cheap, light & strong

Gee76
    Free Member

Aye, was tempted til I read up on recon casettes. Canfield Hub is a bit chubby too but suspect that might in part be the capreo esque freehub. Tempting tho and good to see manufacturers having a go. Presumably a few of them have worked out that Shimano will take their time to get their take on this right…. Oh and also wait for when the next xtr release is due too.

DanW
    Free Member

Cassette made by Recon – well known in the weight weenie world for being a bit shit

Sit an xx1 cassette and a recon side by side and you will see where the money is spent

Sums up everything you need to know 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Does seem daft, ultra light alu cassette and a porky hub.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canfield 9-36 cassette’ is closed to new replies.