• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by poah.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cane Creek Progressive Spring
  • andylc
    Free Member

Anyone tried one yet? I love my CC Coil IL but I think it could be improved with a bit more resistance to bigger hits. I currently use a 350lb spring but the progressive one only starts at 400, which might be an issue.

Bigmantrials

MRP Progressive springs start at 300lbs, so always an option, although at a higher cost than the Cane Creek I am led to beleive.

SirHC

I love my CC Coil IL but I think it could be improved with a bit more resistance to bigger hits

Tried more high speed compression damping?

andylc
    Free Member

I’ve got high speed compression dialled up about as high as it goes, much higher than was suggested in the initial setup.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Instead of making a coil more progressive like an air spring…why not just use an air spring (and gain the benefits of reduced weight and easier tuning at the same time) ?

kelvin

Sounds like you need the 400 spring anyway… because it is progressive you should keep the small bump sensitivity and sag, yet gain more resistance to big hits… exactly what you want, no? A progressive 350 spring would still blow through the travel, and have more sag and be even softer on small stuff… I think… talk to TFTuned.

andylc
    Free Member

The coil spring is far superior to the (Cane Creek DB) Air it replaced, in pretty much every aspect of riding, but I think a bit more resistance to big hits would be good. As well as any excuse for retail therapy!

oikeith

Has anyone picked one of these up and have any feedback?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nah the white puts me off, plus they are heavier. I’d love to try one mind

scruff
    Free Member

Is the progressive spring rate the starting rate, so sag would be the same lb/lb?
    Also, white only, seriously?

Jordan

There’s some good info about the spring rates compares on these pages.
    MRP
    Cane Creek

Jordan

@scruff the MRP labelled rate is the rate around the sag point and rising with compression. The CC springs are labelled with a range eg. 300-388 with 300 being around the sag point.

poah
    Free Member

got a CC progressive spring. white isn’t bad and the spring rate is start to end not sag point.

Jordan

@poah the graph linked to above would seem to indicate otherwise.

orangespyderman

talk to TFTuned

I’d do this. Progressive spring or not also depends on which bike it’s for, some have very linear suspension curves others are already progressive. I would also second the idea that you might just need a stiffer spring if you’re blowing through the travel too easily.

poah
    Free Member

@jordan wires crossed in explanation.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Progressive Spring’ is closed to new replies.