Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cane creek Helm
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of these yet? Been offered one on a new build, looks pretty cool but always a bit skeptical about getting the first version of anything. Presumably wont be user serviceable if their shocks are anything to go by?

rickon
    Free Member

Backup from TFTuned though, and they’re pretty awesome.

Poopscoop

I know what you mean OP.

I’d be inclined to give them a miss unless the price is VERY good.

Effectively being a beta tester for a new product is not a fun experience in my book.

RickDraper
    Free Member

They do look very, very nice.

Poopscoop

Yes, have to agree with that. 🙂

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

They look good on paper but I think I’d give it a year for any reliability problems to show up if it was me.

Look at the DB inline shock, loads of issues there to start with but they seem to have sorted them out now.

RickDraper
    Free Member

We have one in stock thats available as a demo.

oldtalent
    Free Member

based on my ccdba that never lasted more than 12 months I think canecreek should stick to headsets.
    Would not buy.

chakaping
    Free Member

How long is the warranty? If one year, I wouldn’t touch it with yours.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Not sure on the warranty, guessing a year if that’s what the shocks are? They do look pretty cool, but yeah probably a bit too new really!

nedrapier

Well, that was 2 years ago.

Anyone got them, ridden them a lot, like them, hate them? The air ones. Looking at a set for £595…

highlandman
    Free Member

I’ve currently two pairs of coil Helms; the older set has been on a 29er steel hardtail for over a year and has been well used in the Scottish mountains. Best fork I’ve ever used, which is a strong recommendation as their main comparison is with an older coil Lyric with Mission control damping.
    These are better, best described as both supremely plush and ‘calm’.
    The newer set completed an 8 days’ of riding Alps trip a fortnight ago, fitted to a Cotic Flare Max. Again, simply superb and both have been utterly reliable. I’ve a pal with two more pairs, again coils and again, 100% perfect reliability so far and when opened up, they’re all spotless inside. Travel adjust, while an internal job, is quite straightforward.
    I’ve not ridden the airs but understand that they ride almost as well as the coils.

nedrapier

Grand. Thanks! you do your own servicing? Are they straightforward to work on? Intervals not too demanding?

abeach

Rode a Cotic Rocket Demo bike with one fitted at ArdRock ’18, of all the demo bikes I rode they were the best on test (air sprung). I’d deffo consider one for my next bike.

I have had a CCDB Air on bike for 7 years and it has been awesome. Needed rebuilding once but that was me being tight and not servicing it.

strugglinon
    Free Member

Hands down best fork I’ve ever ridden.

peteimpreza

Hands down best fork I’ve ever ridden.

This

I have the air version on my SodaMax.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

They’re hardly new to the market so won’t be beta testing them. I’ve been eyeing them up for a couple of years now. Also having been around a while like offerings from fox and Rockshox doesn’t guarantee zero faults. Looks at the issues they’ve had with their flagship products recently. I think every time any of my fox or RS shock or fork has been in for work some warranty or recall work has been carried out. So go for it, if they’re as good as the reviews then you would find it hard to do better.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

You could buy my 50 mile old Helms for £425 and find out for yourself…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek Helm’ is closed to new replies.