Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cane creek dbair owners
  • konanige

Anyone out there had issues with a loud knocking noise on harsh fast trails that doesn’t go away with replacement bushes, LBS seems to think its the damper self destructing, been back to TFTuned times now but is now out of warranty. Fed up MUCHLY!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nope, mine was fine. Silent, effective.

Didn’t even make that squishy noise that the RP23 did when the climb settig was engaged.

Sounds like it may need some attention.

konanige

This is my issue though, should it Need some attention, my previous bike with RP23 ran faultless for 5 years just with 12 month services. Cane creek seems to be fine for a few months then it goes pop again, I don’t mind paying premium prices if I get a premium product but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

RickDraper
    Free Member

What bike is it on?

mildred

Is it a double barrel inline or standard double barrel air?

konanige

Its a double barrel air on a codeine

foxman
    Free Member

Try removing the rear mount bolts (if they thread into a pin) replace if you can with a “proper nut and bolt”

konanige

Erm, not sure how that’s going to help!

davewalsh
    Free Member

Mine did that, turned out to be a loose air shaft bolt, sent it to tftuned who charged me £65 for a strip and rebuild to fix it 🙁

mildred

If it’s been back to TF tuned for this & if it’s had new bushes I’d suggest trying new bolts as above.

Quite often, what sounds loud and feels rattly can be less than a rizla width of movement somewhere – it’s a cheap starting point that can be ticked off, as are more new bushes and a very close inspection of the mounting areas to ensure there’s no ovalisation of the holes etc.

Then, if none of this helps send it somewhere else for an inspection (I personally rate TF Tuned); In my experience Stendec are very good with Cane Creek.

Pridds

I rate tf as well but Sprung suspension were going to get my dbair to service and upgrade next time round as they came highly recommended. Sold the bike before it needed doing though.

comfyman
    Free Member

my previous bike with RP23 ran faultless

As did mine. It ran a lot better with the CCDB on it though.

konanige

Loose air shaft bolt is what my LBS reckon, and this is the fourth time. This is not what I would call a premium or performance product, if I did the same to my customers I’d be on the rock n roll now!

davewalsh
    Free Member

Funny you should say that, my CCDBAir was perfect until after the first service, it was only then that the air shaft came loose. Personally I think the issue is the servicer (you said that yours has been back to them) rather than the product itself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek dbair owners’ is closed to new replies.