Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cane Creek DBair IL – changing length and stroke?
  • Shackleton

I have a Cane Creek DBair IL 184×44 shock and would like to change it to 190×50. Both lengths are options and currently sold so I assumed that it would be a case of swapping a few bits over as part of a service.

I heard it was possible to change both i2i and stroke but I’m damned if I can find info on it. I’ve tried TFT but had no response, does anyone on here know if it is possible and if it is actually cost effective (i.e. is it so expensive that you may as well buy a new shock).

Ta muchly,

S

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have just had my CCDB back from TF-Tuned.

I had:

Length altered from 216×63 to 200×57

Black shaft

Some other internal shaft replaced due to scoring

Serviced

= £270 by the time return postage was added on

Not cheap but It’s cheaper than a replacement unit at £599

I could have got a second hand unit but sodds law says it is knackered and needs loads of work.

That said there was up until last week a CCDB IL on ebay in a 190 x 50 length.

I have an X-fusion 190 x 50 length which you can have for £50 if you are interested or to keep the bike moving while your shock is away.

TF took a few days to respond but if you call them they will let you know the costs and possibilities.

RustyMac

@Shackleton

If you are having no joy with TFT try Flotec https://www.flotecsuspension.co.uk/ they recently converted an air inline to an air IL for me.

Turnaround time and communication throughout was excellent.
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

Burchy1
    Free Member

Have you tried ringing TFT? They gave me a price for a change from 190×50 to 200×57 over the phone. £200 including the service plus postage.

Shackleton

Cheers for the advice all.

nwmlarge – I don’t need one at the moment, it was in case of a frame swap. Thank you for the offer though.

andyrm
    Free Member

Try Jake at Sprung Suspension – they do all the CC upgrades including damper bodies, WSS bladders to replace the IFP etc.

Cane Creek Upgrades

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DBair IL – changing length and stroke?’ is closed to new replies.