Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Cancer.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Word @ bullheart.

Her strength is now the standard by which every act is judged by me.

If anything gets me up those shingle slopes it’ll be

“Well this is more fun than cancer.

ojom
    Free Member

Just ‘texted’ you about ride next week then saw this…
    I will assume you will have your thirst on and we can visit the public house to deal with all this?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oh yes. Mince up, smash down, beer in, coast home.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

best of luck to you and mrs cfinnimore. We’re going through our own cancer journey here that i’ll not elaborate on but there are all sorts of things that will test you over the coming months.

Keep honest with each other, tell each other everything no matter how bad or self absorbed it might sometimes sound, generally it’s no time for putting on a brave face. You might find that you’re coping fantastically and then all of a sudden have a trigger that knocks you back, don’t be afraid to confide in someone, that might be mrs cfinnimore or maybe someone else but if you feel the need then be sure to talk to someone. You’re no good to your partner if your not in a good place yourself, you’re gonna need a clear head.

It is a journey that you need to face together and one that you have a good chance of coming through but it’s also easy to swamp your partner with too much attention. Give her room to breath when she needs it. I found this difficult once I realised just how little I could actually do to influence the only physical outcome that matters and spent my time trying to compensate for that by trying to do everything else.

Before you see the doctors write all your questions down, once you get in the consulting room all previous thoughts vanish. The more you know and understand the less you have to be anxious about.

Try and stay positive and I wish your partner all the best for a speedy and positive outcome.

gonzy
    Free Member

my wife’s niece went through the same thing a few years ago…breast cancer at the age of 30. she went through all the various drugs/treatments and suffered the side effects too. she eventually made the decision to have a double mastectomy.
    things are now looking good for her…she has been told its now in remission and has even been told that she can now try for a baby.
    OP – there can be light at the end of what seems to be a very long and dark tunnel. hold onto that hope and be strong for each other.
    wishing your missus a speedy and successful recovery

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t ever give cancer a capital letter – it isn’t the most important thing in your lives. It is something that you have to face up to, deal with and get on with living. It is crappy, but it is not where your focus is – that has to be the horizon and adventures and life and living that are to come.

Beware of measuring yourself against her. I nearly broke myself by thinking ‘if she can do that then I should be doing more’. It doesn’t work like that. Just be you and try to keep things normal as much as possible.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Mr and Mrs C sending healing thoughts to you both you will beat this it just takes time!

Mrs R was diagnosed with cancer when she was pregnant with our second child. Two operations and chemo whilst pregnant meant she had to stop work and I had to drop hours at work. Good old government/tax man rules meant no help, we ended up getting some help from Macmillan who I can’t thank enough!!

You both need to let all your thoughts and worries out and don’t bottle them up. There are plenty of places and charities that can help, use them as they work and help.

Good luck and stay strong

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks for everyone’s comments today. I will put my ducks in a row and write “a thing” but I’m cream crackered and have CPS washers to fish out the hoover.distractions

Jen says thanks too. As far as being an all attentive carer, well, that is definitely in the honeymoon period.

I have a sore throat so will be making a sign reading “Yes, dear?”

Love, indeed…

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

All the very best to you and your family mate. A close friend is going through a similar thing and all the indications are that there is an excellent chance of a full recovery.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

It’s not cancer.

Pathology report came back. Very rare set of circumstances.

Jen is a one in a million case, consultant has never had a case like it.

Life, won. Cancer, nil.

Our thoughts and respect go out to everyone living with, without and through cancer.

Thank you.

Gary_M
    Free Member

We had a similar scare two years ago. Very frightening month for us so I know exactly what you’ve gone through.

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s not cancer.

Pathology report came back. Very rare set of circumstances.

Jen is a one in a million case, consultant has never had a case like it.

Life, won. Cancer, nil.

Our thoughts and respect go out to everyone living with, without and through cancer.

Thank you.

That is truly wonderful news.

willard

Very lucky woman. Get her to buy a lottery ticket or something!

More seriously, I’m very glad it’s not the alternative. Take care both of you.

cheers_drive

john_drummer
    Free Member

result

chewkw
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Member

Life, won. Cancer, nil.

Good news indeed.

🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

WINNING

*some famous quote about hope*

She doesn’t need a scratchcard, I’ve just won the lottery.

Fort Bill Tickets bought now, holiday booked, bikes ready.

Sun’s out you lot… Go find the world…

chewkw
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Member

Hope from Meg Griffin.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYowYC5KMU[/video]

:mrgreen:

mashiehood
    Free Member

great news – now go out and smash up some dusty trail (in a sensible manner, without endangering others, respect walkers and horse riders :D)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Great news, really happy for you.

tang
    Free Member

That’s the best thing I’ve heard on this most beautiful spring day.

Spud

Great news! Take stock and grasp life with both hands!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

This morning I was lying in the Heather up the Pentlands watching a raptor thinking “life could change forever today”
    Then I cycled down the hill hitting 45kph and it didn’t matter.

Nothing really matters but happiness and love.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Great news?

Out of interest what is it, a benign Phyllodes tumor?

Dolcered

Fantastic news op.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Tom, we’re waiting on the letter but phonetically that resembles what the consultant said.

**** knows. Considering some of what we’ve gone through, I think I’ll just get on with it and propose.

Sunshine, hay and all that.

Seriously though, affirmation. I’m 27 next month. Big life.
    Edit: These are not the ramblings of a relieved idiot, but those of a reliable fool. I’ll be drunk later, tune in for that.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Cancer.’ is closed to new replies.