Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canal bank collapses in Middlewhich
  • carlos
    Free Member

have we done this one yet??

A reasonable sized sink hole/canal bank collapse has claimed 30ft or tow path

It’s going to take a while to sort that out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43432245

zippykona

I thought that bank was too big to fail.

Caher

I thought this was Northern Rock all over again.

Caher

Ah beat me to it!

kayak23

Blimey, that locks serious. I don’t want to barge in but let me know if I Canalp at all.

jekkyl

Get up that Towpath Carlos and get us some proper pics, bike on the canal floor please. 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

I thought that bank was too big to fail

Very good!

milky1980
    Free Member

Had that happen near where I grew up, took out two houses, a set of stables and put a road under 10ft of clay and mud!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7046727.stm

project
    Free Member

Happens every so often, due to te age of the canal, LLangollen canal has collapsed quite a few times, traps boats, and even destroyed a train on the track below many years ago.

Bregante

I can’t quite picture where that is but I had the misfortune of spending a wet afternoon there just yesterday and walked about 6 miles around the canal paths around the centre (there’s nowt else there…)

kissmylapierre
    Free Member

Try metal detecting it especially near bridges could find some great stuff

CountZero

Happened quite a few times  on sections of the Kennet & Avon, especially just outside Bath going towards Bradford-on-Avon, because it runs along the side of a valley, and gravity requires that all of the water in the canal wants to rejoin the water in the Avon below.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canal bank collapses in Middlewhich’ is closed to new replies.